Re: [Scouter_T] Pow-Wow / UOS / Roundtable Resources Online

  • CubBobwhite
    Message 1 of 10 , May 18 4:57 AM
      Wendell - This probably won't be a surprise to you. Here is the address
      where all my council's pow wow books are (not in their original format, of
      course) - http://www.powwow-online.net
      ---
      Leslie

      Message 2 of 10 , May 18 7:23 AM
        Karen,

        It seems that every Troop/Pack/Crew does it different. We have a couple
        fundraisers we consider Troop fundraisers and some individual
        fundraisers. On the Troop fundraisers we let everyone know when they
        join and yearly that all scouts and parents are expected to participate.
        Sometimes someone is gone for a good reason, other times we have parents
        that don't make the effort to do their part. Since we have both of our
        Troop fundraisers in a three month period, those that didn't help on the
        first one are asked what they want to work on the second one early on
        and committed to it. Of the Troop fundraisers all income goes to the
        Troop.

        On the individual fundraisers we tell them if they want to participate
        they can as it provides money for their account, and if they don't want
        to that is fine too. Those all seem to involve things like popcorn that
        are sold. Those we use a 90/10 split with 90% going to the boy's
        account.

        Still regarding money, but not fundraisers is dues. We charge everyone
        $10 a month no matter if they come to the activities or not. That
        covers all costs for outings so they don't have to pay anymore then
        that. After a scout misses a few months of outings and he still has to
        pay the money, most of the parents push along their scouts to make sure
        they make it to the outings since they pay for it anyway. Seems to work
        for us.

        Mark Neblung

        Message 3 of 10 , May 18 7:42 AM
          Our troop splits fundraising income (net after expenses) two different ways. The big annual fundraiser is a pancake feed on Scout Sunday at our sponsoring church. Everyone is expected to work. Scouts who pre-sell tickets get a small percentage of their sales placed into their Scout account. The vast majority goes to the troop account for troop expenses and patrol equipment. This fundraiser plus annual dues covers all troop expenses for the year. (Those Scouts and adults attending campouts and summer camp split that cost--that's another post or two in itself though.)

          For other fundraisers, such as popcorn sales, kitchen knife sales and sandwich sales, 95% of net sales goes into the selling Scout's account with 5% to the troop account. Adults don't get any part of the sales.

          Larry Ohs
          Troop 12 Assistant Scoutmaster
          "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00

          How do other troops divide the proceeds from fund raisers?

        • C. P. Walker

            How do other troops divide the proceeds from fund raisers?

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • John Halter
            Message 5 of 10 , May 19 1:40 PM
              For those of you who work for large companies that have multipurpose printer,
              fax, copiers, those can be often be used to scan large quantities of documents
              at one time and it will convert the document into a pdf file automatically. I
              have done this with the Cub RT Planning guide and the Cub RT Basic training
              manual. They are almost 70 pages each and double sided! It only took a few
              minutes to do. I'm thinking about cutting up my How To book and scanning it as
              well. I'm just leary of the size! The 04-05 Cub RT planning guide was almost
              5MB and it is much smaller than the How To book.

              Thank you,

              John Halter
              Cubmaster
              Pack 230 Apopka Florida