Re: [Scouter_T] Pow-Wow / UOS / Roundtable Resources Online

  • CubBobwhite
    Message 1 of 10 , May 18, 2004
      Wendell - This probably won't be a surprise to you. Here is the address
      where all my council's pow wow books are (not in their original format, of
      course) - http://www.powwow-online.net
      ---
      Leslie

      Message 2 of 10 , May 18, 2004
        How do other troops divide the proceeds from fund raisers? ( garage sales and spaghetti dinners) After expenses, and the agreed upon donation to the church, we put 30% into troop funds. The remaining is split 70 / 30 with the 70 % going to the boys and the 30 % going to the adults. Some concern is being expressed about the amount going to troop funds because some boys rarely participate and a few never participate...same with their parents. Thanks for your ideas.

        Karen
        Dave Loomis <dloomis@...> wrote:

        Wendell Brown wrote:

        > My questions to each of you would be:
        >
        > 1) Did your council create a Pow-Wow book for 2004? If not, why?

        Daniel Webster Council, NH

        No we do an every other year University of Scouting

        > 2) If it's not online, what is the reason it's not online?

        See above

        > 3) If it's online, what is the URL?

        See above

        > 4) Does your district or council produce monthly roundtable handouts?
        > If so are they online? What is the URL?

        Yes & No, N/A

        > The reason I'm interested is that ScoutingTheNet.com (one of the sites I
        > run) has links to several online Pow-Wow books in the form of links to
        > individual sections of some of these books arranged by Roundtable month
        > (as well as other ways). Unfortunately, I've only found a couple of
        > 2004-2005 books and one of those isn't organized by monthly theme.
        >
        > Now for the begging.....
        >
        > If your council DID create a Pow-Wow or UOS book and it's not online and
        > the council doesn't mind it being put online, let me know and I will
        > help you set it up (yes, I can host it).

        Contact CMR1954@... and see if she has any on line Pow-Wow
        resources. She used to compile Baloo's Bugle for USScouts.org.

        > If your district or council produces a monthly roundtable handout and
        > it's not online, let me know and I can help you get it online for others
        > to share.
        >
        > If you are a scouter that still has some of your "hour a week" available
        > and you feel that you could come up with a couple of theme related pages
        > (or more) a month for the rest of the world to use, let me know and we
        > will make it happen.
        >
        > Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to this!
        >
        > Wendell Brown
        > Webmaster - ScoutingTheNet.com
        > Roundtable Handouts
        > http://www.scoutingthenet.com/Training/Roundtable/Handouts/

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > .

        Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349

      • Mark Neblung
        Message 3 of 10 , May 18, 2004
          Karen,

          It seems that every Troop/Pack/Crew does it different. We have a couple
          fundraisers we consider Troop fundraisers and some individual
          fundraisers. On the Troop fundraisers we let everyone know when they
          join and yearly that all scouts and parents are expected to participate.
          Sometimes someone is gone for a good reason, other times we have parents
          that don't make the effort to do their part. Since we have both of our
          Troop fundraisers in a three month period, those that didn't help on the
          first one are asked what they want to work on the second one early on
          and committed to it. Of the Troop fundraisers all income goes to the
          Troop.

          On the individual fundraisers we tell them if they want to participate
          they can as it provides money for their account, and if they don't want
          to that is fine too. Those all seem to involve things like popcorn that
          are sold. Those we use a 90/10 split with 90% going to the boy's
          account.

          Still regarding money, but not fundraisers is dues. We charge everyone
          $10 a month no matter if they come to the activities or not. That
          covers all costs for outings so they don't have to pay anymore then
          that. After a scout misses a few months of outings and he still has to
          pay the money, most of the parents push along their scouts to make sure
          they make it to the outings since they pay for it anyway. Seems to work
          for us.

          Mark Neblung

          Message 4 of 10 , May 18, 2004
            Our troop splits fundraising income (net after expenses) two different ways. The big annual fundraiser is a pancake feed on Scout Sunday at our sponsoring church. Everyone is expected to work. Scouts who pre-sell tickets get a small percentage of their sales placed into their Scout account. The vast majority goes to the troop account for troop expenses and patrol equipment. This fundraiser plus annual dues covers all troop expenses for the year. (Those Scouts and adults attending campouts and summer camp split that cost--that's another post or two in itself though.)

            For other fundraisers, such as popcorn sales, kitchen knife sales and sandwich sales, 95% of net sales goes into the selling Scout's account with 5% to the troop account. Adults don't get any part of the sales.

            Larry Ohs
            Troop 12 Assistant Scoutmaster
            "...and a good old Fox, too." W5-63-00

            How do other troops divide the proceeds from fund raisers?

          • C. P. Walker

              How do other troops divide the proceeds from fund raisers?

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • John Halter
              Message 6 of 10 , May 19, 2004
                For those of you who work for large companies that have multipurpose printer,
                fax, copiers, those can be often be used to scan large quantities of documents
                at one time and it will convert the document into a pdf file automatically. I
                have done this with the Cub RT Planning guide and the Cub RT Basic training
                manual. They are almost 70 pages each and double sided! It only took a few
                minutes to do. I'm thinking about cutting up my How To book and scanning it as
                well. I'm just leary of the size! The 04-05 Cub RT planning guide was almost
                5MB and it is much smaller than the How To book.

                Thank you,

                John Halter
                Cubmaster
                Pack 230 Apopka Florida