Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 820

  • wahowland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2004
      > <<<<<<<<<<<<
      > I have another question about Woodbadge training.  Is Outdoor skills
      > training a requirement to attend Woodbadge? When I took Woodbadge I was told
      > that it was a requirement.  Now I am being told that it is not a
      > requirement.  Does anyone have the National standard on this?

      The training requirement for WB is to have completed the position-specific
      training for your position. WB is no longer limited to SM/staff. Since IOLS is
      not a requirement for any Cub position, any committee position, any
      commissioner position, or any professional position, that leaves a whole lot of folks who
      don't have to take IOLS for a WB prerequisite. The only ones that do are
      (maybe) Venturing and Boy Scout leaders.
      best

      Auntie Beans
      Cape Cod & Islands Council, MA
      Training Chair
      I useta be an eagle, NE-I-188
      and a staffer, NE-I-209, 234
      Nat'l Scout Jambo H&S service, 97, 01, 05