Re: Scouter Training Awards

  • Kris Swank
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
      Check out http://www.etexscouts.com/knots.html many of the forms are
      links to National, the hope was as forms are revised, they are updated
      and I won't have to keep up with which editions of each form is the most
      current.

      Take Care,
      Kris Swank
      Okee-Tuklo District Training Chair
      East Texas Area Council Webmaster
      Winsboro, TX
    • Kris Swank
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 8, 2004
        The Scoutmaster Key

        Scoutmaster Record for the Scoutmaster's Key
        http://www.scouting.org/forms/34169/56.pdf

        The form above References the New Leader Essentials, SM/ASM Specific and IOLS in the training area of the scorecard but it is strange that it says "1993 printing" I wonder if someone forgot to change the date on the form when they updated it with new training req? :-)

        For the Scouter Training Award

        Progress Record for the Boy Scout Leader's Training Award
        http://www.scouting.org/forms/34169/55.pdf

        It references Fast Start and Basic LEader Training for position it seems logical since Troop Committee Members may earn this and there is now a distinct training for them. In other publications (I can't remember where I read it) they refer to a leader who has completed the minimum training for their position as has having completed "Basic Training".

        While I have no clue if all of the forms are up to date online, I am hoping they are, since I link to many of them for the ETAC website, but they appear to be up to date or at least ambiguous and useable.

        YIS,
        Kris Swank
        OT District Training Chair
        East Texas Area Council Webmaster
        I used to be an Owl SR-281-99...and a good old staffer, too SR-447, SR-554, SR-688