Eagle CoH

  • V. Chua
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15 7:46 AM
      Greetings one and all -

      Our troop is going to have an Eagle CoH for 3 scouts and they have asked me
      to be the Master of Ceremonies....which leads me to the question. Is there a
      format to follow to be an MC? Are there things that should be addressed and
      things that should be avoided?

      Any help would be greatly appreciated especially since I have never been an
      MC before.

      Thanks and YiS,

      Victor Vergara
      T91, Trenton, NJ
    • Ken.Walker@mscsoftware.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15 11:22 AM
        Victor Vergara asked:
        > Our troop is going to have an Eagle CoH for 3 scouts and they have asked
        me
        > to be the Master of Ceremonies....which leads me to the question. Is
        there a
        > format to follow to be an MC? Are there things that should be addressed
        and
        > things that should be avoided?

        Victor,
        I don't know if this falls into the charter of Scouter_T. However, that
        said, here are a few Eagle CoH observations from MY SON's troop--

        The emcee is just that, he emcees the ceremony -- he isn't the producer,
        director, or writer, and isn't responsible for "creating" the script.
        Generally, he calls on various folks to perform the flag ceremony,
        benediction, readings, and presentations, etc. Each of our Eagles has a
        similar, but different ceremony -- accounting for their particular tastes,
        likes and dislikes.

        Now, if your new Eagles need some ideas, and are requesting your help --
        that's a different question! <grin> You might want to post this on Scouts-L
        and/or YG's Boy-Scout-Talk for additional feedback & insights.

        -Ken
      • RICK RAMBO
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15 6:21 PM
          I realize that this IS on the border for this group topic-wise, but I think I can relate it to training.
          One of the things that I like to do when I do a training is to have handouts to make things easier. if you are interested in a handout to internet resources on this subject, you can download it here:
          http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/Downloads/internet_eagle_scout_resources.doc<http://www.geocities.com/rickram.geo/Downloads/internet_eagle_scout_resources.doc>

          Rick Rambo
          > Our troop is going to have an Eagle CoH for 3 scouts and they have asked
          me
          > to be the Master of Ceremonies....which leads me to the question. Is
          there a
          > format to follow to be an MC? Are there things that should be addressed
          and
          > things that should be avoided?

          Victor,
          I don't know if this falls into the charter of Scouter_T. However, that
          said, here are a few Eagle CoH observations from MY SON's troop--

          The emcee is just that, he emcees the ceremony -- he isn't the producer,
          director, or writer, and isn't responsible for "creating" the script.
          Generally, he calls on various folks to perform the flag ceremony,
          benediction, readings, and presentations, etc. Each of our Eagles has a
          similar, but different ceremony -- accounting for their particular tastes,
          likes and dislikes.

          Now, if your new Eagles need some ideas, and are requesting your help --
          that's a different question! <grin> You might want to post this on Scouts-L
          and/or YG's Boy-Scout-Talk for additional feedback & insights.

          -Ken

          Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/<http://www.arkie.net/scouting/>

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cmt0c4o/M=268585.4521611.5694062.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1079465146/A=1950447/R=0/SIG=1245hvqf1/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenattogyo?YH=4521611&yhad=1950447>