Re: [Scouter_T] Religious Emblems adult training
- Try this: http://www.praypub.org/promo_rel_emblems.htm. It's a syllabus for promoting the programs.
These may be helpful too.
Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
Cub Scout Training Chair
3 Rivers District
I've been disconnected for awhile so I apologize if this has already been
Perhaps if your unit, district or council is near a military installation
with units deploying to Iraq, and they (the military unit) are able to take
some things with them destined for the Iraqi National Scout Camp, I would
imagine some used but usable scout gear would be very much appreciated.
> I recently received an email from Chip Beck, a scouter who is helping toreorganize Boy Scouts in Iraq. (see
>camp as the Iraqi National Scout Headquarters and Camp. There is a climbing
> The CPA has formally agreed to the use of an old 40 acre Secret Police
tower on the site, which requires some modifications to turn it in to a safe
top rope tower.
----------- Anthony "Mel" Tormey
(| @ @ |) Last Frontier Council
| > | Oklahoma City, OK
| \_/ | NE-VI-29(A Hungry Bear)
- IRAQI SCOUTING INITIATIVE NOTICE
TO: ALL SCOUTS, SCOUTERS, UNITS, DISTRICTS, COUNCILS, and FRIENDS of
SCOUTING in IRAQ
You can help! Support and promote OPERATION POCKET CHANGE to raise
money for Iraqi Scouting.
As part of our International Scouting Public Diplomacy
initiative, I'm asking every Scout Unit we can reach, anywhere in
the world, to have the Scouts, Scouters, friends, family, and even
co-workers put their pocket change each day into a jar for a week,
then have the "family Scout" turn the collection over to the Scout
Master or Unit Treasurer. The Troop, Pack, Crew then converts the
money into a check at the weekly (or monthly) meeting, and sends the
amount to the BSA World Friendship Fund earmarked for "Iraqi
Scouting." Continue the Operation (OPC)until we reach our
objectives. Collected contributions should be sent to:
World Friendship Fund
Boy Scouts of America
1325 West Walnut Hill Lane
PO Box 152079
Irving TX 75015-2079
Make checks or money orders out to "WFF" but note on
them that the donation is "to help restart Iraqi Scouting." 100% of
the funds will go to the Iraqi Scouting Initiative via channels to
the World Scouting Organization, Arab Scouting Organizations and the
Iraqi National Scout Council. BSA will provide tax-deductible
receipts in due course.
Spread the word far and wide to your own Scouting networks,
Units, Districts and Councils (Scouters can earn credit for the
International Scouter Knot), friends, family, or corporations. If
every Scout and Scouter in the US contributed even $1, we'd have the
$4 million for the construction and enough leftover for a permanent
endowment for Iraqi Scouting and to launch other plans that will
benefit not only Iraq and the region, but Scouting as a whole, and
the world at large. If every Scout in the World were to
contribution, miracles could happen.
FUNDRAISING GOALS :
(A) FOUR MILLION DOLLARS : Needed to turn a 40 acre, 5 building,
former Saddam secret police camp into a world class, 21st Century
National Iraqi Scout HQS, Regional Scout Camp, and International
Scouting Center. Plans call for the HQS and Center to have
· National Iraqi Scout HQS offices with modern equipment and
· An International Scout Center for visiting Scouts and
Scouters to use when visiting Iraq
· A Training Center for Scouts and Adult Leaders
· Conference Rooms
· A Computer Lab for Scouts, Scouts, and Community use
· An Iraqi Scout Museum
· A Scout Shop
· A Movie Theatre (for training and community entertainment)
· A No Trace Scout Camp with a Nature Preserve and
· A Jamboree Site and Assembly Area (usable for sports and
other Scout and community activities the rest of the year).
· An Aquatics Center with 600 meters of Tigris Riverfront
· A Top-Rope, certified Climbing Tower and Wall
· A Dormitory for visiting Scouts and Scouters who are not
· A Restaurant or Cafeteria for Staff, Visitors, and Scouts
· A field dining or mess hall for Campers
· COPE course
· Archery Range
· Campfire and Assembly area with Reviewing Stand
· Secure and Safe environment for Scouts, Scouters,
Community activities, and visitors
Note: The prime real estate was acquired for the Iraqi Scout
Council at no cost. JUMPSTART Int'l is providing 100 workers at no
cost to the Iraqi Scouts to demolish bomb damaged buildings and
clear looter-caused damage and debris. On a budget of zero dollars
to date, we have acquired property and accomplished tangible results
that few non-Scouters thought could be done in such a short time.
Now Scouters have to demonstrate that the world community of
Scouting is behind the youth, adults, and communities of Iraq, by
funding the construction and building phases of the program.
(B) TEN MILLION DOLLARS -- Eventually need to establish a
permanent endowment that will provide ongoing operational and
staffing income to keep Iraqi Scouting free, independent, and
functioning for the rest of its existence.
(C) ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS This is an ambitious goal, and
not one we don't need to achieve in the first year, but it would not
hurt. However, working towards this goal and achieving in the
shortest period of time will allow for a multi-year or permanent
program to do the following:
. Provide uniforms, equipment, office, and support
facilities for an infrastructure, system of regional camps, and
staffing to support 500,000 Iraqi Scouts by the year 2005.
· Upgrade and bring back on line approximately two dozen or
more Scout Camps in the 18 Provinces of Iraq.
· Train a new generation of Iraqi Adult Scout leaders in the
Essential Leadership Skills and Program Management courses to make
· Facilitate the acquisition and building of facilities for
a "Philmont-like" International Scout Reservation in the majestic
Kurdish northeast region of Iraq, among some of the most scenic and
pristine mountains and valleys in the Middle East.
· Establish 5 major "Geographic Scout Camps" in Iraq, to
allow for all levels of Scouting to engage in Scouting, Camping, and
Leadership activities in the Mountains, Desert/Oasis, River Valleys,
Forests, and Marsh/Coastal areas of Iraq.
· Establish an Iraqi Sea Scout base on the northern tip of
the Arabian/Persian Gulf
· Provide the means and methods to invite International
Scouts to Iraq, without regard to creeds, cultures, or political
obstacles in their homeland.
· Promote international understanding through the building
of relationships through Scouting.
· Provide the means for Iraqi Scouts and Scouters to visit,
most for the first time, other countries of the world to become a
part of the world community again.
· Allow for solid, professional Scouting programs that bring
the "Promise of Scouting" not only to the youth of Iraq, but to
Scouts elsewhere in the region and world through Scouting based in
Iraq. (Invitational Leadership Program).
Remember these thoughts:
· A dream is just an idea. Reality is a dream with a plan
of action. We have both.
· For $4 million we can do the unbelievable in Baghdad. For
$100 million, the face of the Middle East could be changed for the
better through Scouting programs based in Iraq.
· If we all push a pebble (contribute a little), we can move
mountains (achieve even our most ambitious goals).
· Scouting has a history of uniting people and cultures. It
shares Universal Values and Builds Relationships that transcend
ethnic, cultural, national, international, political, and religious
· Scouting is the Diplomacy of Youth.
· Scouting is not just a program of activities. It is a
method of teaching young people how to make the moral and ethical
decisions they will need throughout their lives. In a world going a
bit mad, a new generation of leaders will need the attributes
Scouting gives them.
· This is for boys and girls. Men and Women.
Yours In Scouting
Chairman, Green Zone Council of Volunteer Scouters
Iraqi Scouting Initiative