Religious Emblems adult training

  • Fred Goodwin, CMA
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 9, 2004
      Does anyone have a syllabus or outline of adult training for religious emblems? I'm looking for training I can deliver related to the God & Country (Protestant) Program for interested mentors and counselors.

      Fred Goodwin
      Organizer, Protestant Committee on Scouting
      Alamo Area Council

    • JNDunnMN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2004
        Try this: http://www.praypub.org/promo_rel_emblems.htm. It's a syllabus for promoting the programs.

        These may be helpful too.
        http://www.praypub.org/emblems_as_mem.htm
        http://www.praypub.org/started_main.htm

        YiS,
        Jamie Dunn
        Pack Trainer
        P. 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Chair
        3 Rivers District
      • leaderdev@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31, 2004
          Scouters

          I've been disconnected for awhile so I apologize if this has already been
          addressed.
          Perhaps if your unit, district or council is near a military installation
          with units deploying to Iraq, and they (the military unit) are able to take
          some things with them destined for the Iraqi National Scout Camp, I would
          imagine some used but usable scout gear would be very much appreciated.

          > I recently received an email from Chip Beck, a scouter who is helping to
          reorganize Boy Scouts in Iraq. (see
          http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119658,00.html,
          http://www.cpa-iraq.org/pressreleases/20040301_scouting.html )

          > The CPA has formally agreed to the use of an old 40 acre Secret Police
          camp as the Iraqi National Scout Headquarters and Camp. There is a climbing
          tower on the site, which requires some modifications to turn it in to a safe
          top rope tower.

          -----------------------------------

          -^-
          / \
          ----------- Anthony "Mel" Tormey
          (| @ @ |) Last Frontier Council
          | > | Oklahoma City, OK
          | \_/ | NE-VI-29(A Hungry Bear)
          \___/
        • Bill Nelson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2004
            IRAQI SCOUTING INITIATIVE NOTICE

            TO: ALL SCOUTS, SCOUTERS, UNITS, DISTRICTS, COUNCILS, and FRIENDS of
            SCOUTING in IRAQ

            You can help! Support and promote OPERATION POCKET CHANGE to raise
            money for Iraqi Scouting.

            As part of our International Scouting Public Diplomacy
            initiative, I'm asking every Scout Unit we can reach, anywhere in
            the world, to have the Scouts, Scouters, friends, family, and even
            co-workers put their pocket change each day into a jar for a week,
            then have the "family Scout" turn the collection over to the Scout
            Master or Unit Treasurer. The Troop, Pack, Crew then converts the
            money into a check at the weekly (or monthly) meeting, and sends the
            amount to the BSA World Friendship Fund earmarked for "Iraqi
            Scouting." Continue the Operation (OPC)until we reach our
            objectives. Collected contributions should be sent to:

            World Friendship Fund
            Boy Scouts of America
            1325 West Walnut Hill Lane
            PO Box 152079
            Irving TX 75015-2079
            USA

            Make checks or money orders out to "WFF" but note on
            them that the donation is "to help restart Iraqi Scouting." 100% of
            the funds will go to the Iraqi Scouting Initiative via channels to
            the World Scouting Organization, Arab Scouting Organizations and the
            Iraqi National Scout Council. BSA will provide tax-deductible
            receipts in due course.

            Spread the word far and wide to your own Scouting networks,
            Units, Districts and Councils (Scouters can earn credit for the
            International Scouter Knot), friends, family, or corporations. If
            every Scout and Scouter in the US contributed even $1, we'd have the
            $4 million for the construction and enough leftover for a permanent
            endowment for Iraqi Scouting and to launch other plans that will
            benefit not only Iraq and the region, but Scouting as a whole, and
            the world at large. If every Scout in the World were to
            contribution, miracles could happen.

            FUNDRAISING GOALS :

            (A) FOUR MILLION DOLLARS : Needed to turn a 40 acre, 5 building,
            former Saddam secret police camp into a world class, 21st Century
            National Iraqi Scout HQS, Regional Scout Camp, and International
            Scouting Center. Plans call for the HQS and Center to have

            · National Iraqi Scout HQS offices with modern equipment and
            national/international connectivity
            · An International Scout Center for visiting Scouts and
            Scouters to use when visiting Iraq
            · A Training Center for Scouts and Adult Leaders
            · Conference Rooms
            · A Computer Lab for Scouts, Scouts, and Community use
            · An Iraqi Scout Museum
            · A Scout Shop
            · A Movie Theatre (for training and community entertainment)
            · A No Trace Scout Camp with a Nature Preserve and
            Outdoor/Scouting Labs
            · A Jamboree Site and Assembly Area (usable for sports and
            other Scout and community activities the rest of the year).
            · An Aquatics Center with 600 meters of Tigris Riverfront
            access
            · A Top-Rope, certified Climbing Tower and Wall
            · A Dormitory for visiting Scouts and Scouters who are not
            camping.
            · A Restaurant or Cafeteria for Staff, Visitors, and Scouts
            · A field dining or mess hall for Campers
            · COPE course
            · Archery Range
            · Campfire and Assembly area with Reviewing Stand
            · Secure and Safe environment for Scouts, Scouters,
            Community activities, and visitors

            Note: The prime real estate was acquired for the Iraqi Scout
            Council at no cost. JUMPSTART Int'l is providing 100 workers at no
            cost to the Iraqi Scouts to demolish bomb damaged buildings and
            clear looter-caused damage and debris. On a budget of zero dollars
            to date, we have acquired property and accomplished tangible results
            that few non-Scouters thought could be done in such a short time.
            Now Scouters have to demonstrate that the world community of
            Scouting is behind the youth, adults, and communities of Iraq, by
            funding the construction and building phases of the program.

            (B) TEN MILLION DOLLARS -- Eventually need to establish a
            permanent endowment that will provide ongoing operational and
            staffing income to keep Iraqi Scouting free, independent, and
            functioning for the rest of its existence.

            (C) ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS – This is an ambitious goal, and
            not one we don't need to achieve in the first year, but it would not
            hurt. However, working towards this goal and achieving in the
            shortest period of time will allow for a multi-year or permanent
            program to do the following:

            . Provide uniforms, equipment, office, and support
            facilities for an infrastructure, system of regional camps, and
            staffing to support 500,000 Iraqi Scouts by the year 2005.
            · Upgrade and bring back on line approximately two dozen or
            more Scout Camps in the 18 Provinces of Iraq.
            · Train a new generation of Iraqi Adult Scout leaders in the
            Essential Leadership Skills and Program Management courses to make
            them professional.
            · Facilitate the acquisition and building of facilities for
            a "Philmont-like" International Scout Reservation in the majestic
            Kurdish northeast region of Iraq, among some of the most scenic and
            pristine mountains and valleys in the Middle East.
            · Establish 5 major "Geographic Scout Camps" in Iraq, to
            allow for all levels of Scouting to engage in Scouting, Camping, and
            Leadership activities in the Mountains, Desert/Oasis, River Valleys,
            Forests, and Marsh/Coastal areas of Iraq.
            · Establish an Iraqi Sea Scout base on the northern tip of
            the Arabian/Persian Gulf
            · Provide the means and methods to invite International
            Scouts to Iraq, without regard to creeds, cultures, or political
            obstacles in their homeland.
            · Promote international understanding through the building
            of relationships through Scouting.
            · Provide the means for Iraqi Scouts and Scouters to visit,
            most for the first time, other countries of the world to become a
            part of the world community again.
            · Allow for solid, professional Scouting programs that bring
            the "Promise of Scouting" not only to the youth of Iraq, but to
            Scouts elsewhere in the region and world through Scouting based in
            Iraq. (Invitational Leadership Program).

            Remember these thoughts:

            · A dream is just an idea. Reality is a dream with a plan
            of action. We have both.
            · For $4 million we can do the unbelievable in Baghdad. For
            $100 million, the face of the Middle East could be changed for the
            better through Scouting programs based in Iraq.
            · If we all push a pebble (contribute a little), we can move
            mountains (achieve even our most ambitious goals).
            · Scouting has a history of uniting people and cultures. It
            shares Universal Values and Builds Relationships that transcend
            ethnic, cultural, national, international, political, and religious
            boundaries.
            · Scouting is the Diplomacy of Youth.
            · Scouting is not just a program of activities. It is a
            method of teaching young people how to make the moral and ethical
            decisions they will need throughout their lives. In a world going a
            bit mad, a new generation of leaders will need the attributes
            Scouting gives them.
            · This is for boys and girls. Men and Women.

            Yours In Scouting
            Chip Beck
            Chairman, Green Zone Council of Volunteer Scouters
            Iraqi Scouting Initiative
            Baghdad