RE: Adult Training during a Camporee Good or Bad?

  • Kris Swank
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2004
      While we haven't done training at Camporees at this point, for the past
      4 years I have scheduled Scoutmaster Training at our 2 "Merit Badge
      Workshops" each year. In September we do the SM/ASM Position Specific
      and schedule and IOLS with in 2 weekends. Then in February we do the
      Position Specific on 2 Thursday nights and IOLS at the Merit Badge
      Workshop. Some folks get it all done with in a couple of weeks, but some
      folks wait until the next workshop to finish up. It has made it easier
      to get folks trainer especially the Assistant Scoutmasters. We also
      draw our staff from trained folks who are attending who do not "teach" a
      merit badge.
      There has been a suggestion that we add Venturing Leader training to the
      Council Venturing event each year so the Advisors have something to do
      that day while the Crews are out doing Venturing things.
      YIS,
      Kris Swank
      AA C-589 Tyler
      ASM T-379 Winnsboro
      Okee Tuklo District Training Chair
      East Texas Area Council Webmaster
      http://www.etexscouts.com
      I used to be a Beaver SR-281...
      and a Gool Ol' Staffer Too SR-447, SR-554