Re: [Scouter_T] How to promote BS Training

  • Chris Jacobi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2004
      How to promote training?

      No approach works for everybody all the time...
      I found that doing it all, doing it enthusiastically,
      doing it over and over and over caused training
      participation to increase a little.

      We are using or trying
      the council newsletter
      the council website
      council calendar
      the district newsletter
      the district website
      the previous training course
      bulletin on front page of council website
      announce at roundtable
      talk to people directly
      tell others to recruit
      use the commissioners
      district email distribution lists
      direct mailings
      awards for participants
      tell trainers to recruit
      offering more courses
      course fliers
      training overview fliers
      checking when issuing tour permits
      nice training patch with rockers
      try conveniant course times

      and of course (but thats cheating):
      Good quality training courses.

      What are we missing?

      Trust me, it needs only one guy telling that training
      was a waste of time to subvert all your efforts to
      recruit for training in that unit for the next few months.

      Chris

      Chris Jacobi
      Stanford District Training Chair
      Pacific Skyline Council, www.pacsky.org