Re: [Scouter_T] Re: IOLS-WOLT

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
      Unfortunately, 33640 is in the Library of Literature as (Introduction
      to) Boy Scout Outdoor Leader Skills. You may not get what you are
      looking for with that stock number.

      Dave

      Teresa P Hall wrote:

      > Brian (and Ken):
      >
      > The PERSISTENT rumor has been that, when the new Outdoor Leader Skills
      > for Webelos Leaders training was published, it would be developed to
      > make it work in conjunction with IOLS. The new ILS4WL training now has a
      > number: No.13-33640, according to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
      > Guidelines for 2004. IF you can get your hands on it, you should have
      > the guidance you need. Note that IF is capitalized! However, I think
      > having a number assigned to the training documentation is a very very
      > hopeful sign.
      >
      > Sending up a little prayer that we will live to see this training
      > published <grin>
      > Teresa Hall

      Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
    • Teresa P Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
        I need some re-education, then. I thought you had to pay for the Boys
        Scout IOLS booklet, and the number for it is preceded with an LT. I
        thought the 13- in front of the OLS4WL number indicated a bin item --
        thus, something different.

        Another point on which I need education -- are bin items in the Library
        of Literature at all? I can't find any -- but maybe I'm just not
        looking carefully enough. I should hasten to add - my LOL is 2002, I did
        not get a 2003 and now am hanging in 'til the 2004 are out.

        Teresa

        Teresa P Hall wrote:

        > Brian (and Ken):
        >
        > The PERSISTENT rumor has been that, when the new Outdoor Leader Skills
        > for Webelos Leaders training was published, it would be developed to
        > make it work in conjunction with IOLS. The new ILS4WL training now has
        > number: No.13-33640, according to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
        > Guidelines for 2004. IF you can get your hands on it, you should have
        > the guidance you need. Note that IF is capitalized! However, I think
        > having a number assigned to the training documentation is a very very
        > hopeful sign.
        >
        > Sending up a little prayer that we will live to see this training
        > published <grin>
        > Teresa Hall

        Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
          A bin item number usually has the format NN-NNN. The number 13 may
          not have any significance since every booklet in the Library of
          Literature as an LU prefix, while the books themselves don't carry
          this prefix. The book I cited costs around $ 6.55, plus postage if
          you send off for it.

          The next Library of Literature, 70-080C, should be available from the
          National Supply Service about May - they often say March, but don't
          often hit it. Again, this book which is a bin item, 70-080 and is
          available free from your council service center, if they ordered some,
          or from the NSS in North Carolina, 1 800 323 0732.

          Unfortunately bin items are not cataloged in the Library of
          Literature, perhaps because there are so many of them and most pertain
          to council operations.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
            Thanks! - T