RE: [Scouter_T] Re: IOLS-WOLT

  • Teresa P Hall
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
      Brian (and Ken):

      The PERSISTENT rumor has been that, when the new Outdoor Leader Skills
      for Webelos Leaders training was published, it would be developed to
      make it work in conjunction with IOLS. The new ILS4WL training now has a
      number: No.13-33640, according to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
      Guidelines for 2004. IF you can get your hands on it, you should have
      the guidance you need. Note that IF is capitalized! However, I think
      having a number assigned to the training documentation is a very very
      hopeful sign.

      Sending up a little prayer that we will live to see this training
      published <grin>
      Teresa Hall
      **************************************
      Teresa Hall
      Pack 321 CC, Bluff Park UMC
      Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
      Greater AL Council
      **************************************

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
        Unfortunately, 33640 is in the Library of Literature as (Introduction
        to) Boy Scout Outdoor Leader Skills. You may not get what you are
        looking for with that stock number.

        Dave

        Teresa P Hall wrote:

        > Brian (and Ken):
        >
        > The PERSISTENT rumor has been that, when the new Outdoor Leader Skills
        > for Webelos Leaders training was published, it would be developed to
        > make it work in conjunction with IOLS. The new ILS4WL training now has a
        > number: No.13-33640, according to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
        > Guidelines for 2004. IF you can get your hands on it, you should have
        > the guidance you need. Note that IF is capitalized! However, I think
        > having a number assigned to the training documentation is a very very
        > hopeful sign.
        >
        > Sending up a little prayer that we will live to see this training
        > published <grin>
        > Teresa Hall

        Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • Teresa P Hall
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
          I need some re-education, then. I thought you had to pay for the Boys
          Scout IOLS booklet, and the number for it is preceded with an LT. I
          thought the 13- in front of the OLS4WL number indicated a bin item --
          thus, something different.

          Another point on which I need education -- are bin items in the Library
          of Literature at all? I can't find any -- but maybe I'm just not
          looking carefully enough. I should hasten to add - my LOL is 2002, I did
          not get a 2003 and now am hanging in 'til the 2004 are out.

          Teresa

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
            A bin item number usually has the format NN-NNN. The number 13 may
            not have any significance since every booklet in the Library of
            Literature as an LU prefix, while the books themselves don't carry
            this prefix. The book I cited costs around $ 6.55, plus postage if
            you send off for it.

            The next Library of Literature, 70-080C, should be available from the
            National Supply Service about May - they often say March, but don't
            often hit it. Again, this book which is a bin item, 70-080 and is
            available free from your council service center, if they ordered some,
            or from the NSS in North Carolina, 1 800 323 0732.

            Unfortunately bin items are not cataloged in the Library of
            Literature, perhaps because there are so many of them and most pertain
            to council operations.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
              Thanks! - T