Re: IOLS-WOLT

  • Ken Todd
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
      Brian,

      Be careful about putting the 2 groups together, even where you think there might be similar topics. The only areas I would consider putting together are the following: Opening, Interfaith Service, campfire, Cracker-Barrel. The rest I would keep separate.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Ken

      "Brian Mott" wrote:
      We are going to do these two training sessions at the same time.
      Combining the groups were possible, keeping them apart when
      necessary. Does anyone who has done this have a schedule that you
      used to make it work?

    • Teresa P Hall
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
        Brian (and Ken):

        The PERSISTENT rumor has been that, when the new Outdoor Leader Skills
        for Webelos Leaders training was published, it would be developed to
        make it work in conjunction with IOLS. The new ILS4WL training now has a
        number: No.13-33640, according to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
        Guidelines for 2004. IF you can get your hands on it, you should have
        the guidance you need. Note that IF is capitalized! However, I think
        having a number assigned to the training documentation is a very very
        hopeful sign.

        Sending up a little prayer that we will live to see this training
        published <grin>
        Teresa Hall
        **************************************
        Teresa Hall
        Pack 321 CC, Bluff Park UMC
        Vulcan Cub Training Coordinator
        Greater AL Council
        **************************************

        "Brian Mott" wrote:
        We are going to do these two training sessions at the same time.
        Combining the groups were possible, keeping them apart when
        necessary. Does anyone who has done this have a schedule that you
        used to make it work?

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
          Unfortunately, 33640 is in the Library of Literature as (Introduction
          to) Boy Scout Outdoor Leader Skills. You may not get what you are
          looking for with that stock number.

          Dave

          Teresa P Hall wrote:

          > Brian (and Ken):
          >
          > The PERSISTENT rumor has been that, when the new Outdoor Leader Skills
          > for Webelos Leaders training was published, it would be developed to
          > make it work in conjunction with IOLS. The new ILS4WL training now has a
          > number: No.13-33640, according to the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
          > Guidelines for 2004. IF you can get your hands on it, you should have
          > the guidance you need. Note that IF is capitalized! However, I think
          > having a number assigned to the training documentation is a very very
          > hopeful sign.
          >
          > Sending up a little prayer that we will live to see this training
          > published <grin>
          > Teresa Hall

          Dave Loomis mailto: dloomis.nh.ultranet@...
          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • Teresa P Hall
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
            I need some re-education, then. I thought you had to pay for the Boys
            Scout IOLS booklet, and the number for it is preceded with an LT. I
            thought the 13- in front of the OLS4WL number indicated a bin item --
            thus, something different.

            Another point on which I need education -- are bin items in the Library
            of Literature at all? I can't find any -- but maybe I'm just not
            looking carefully enough. I should hasten to add - my LOL is 2002, I did
            not get a 2003 and now am hanging in 'til the 2004 are out.

            Teresa

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
              A bin item number usually has the format NN-NNN. The number 13 may
              not have any significance since every booklet in the Library of
              Literature as an LU prefix, while the books themselves don't carry
              this prefix. The book I cited costs around $ 6.55, plus postage if
              you send off for it.

              The next Library of Literature, 70-080C, should be available from the
              National Supply Service about May - they often say March, but don't
              often hit it. Again, this book which is a bin item, 70-080 and is
              available free from your council service center, if they ordered some,
              or from the NSS in North Carolina, 1 800 323 0732.

              Unfortunately bin items are not cataloged in the Library of
              Literature, perhaps because there are so many of them and most pertain
              to council operations.

              Dave

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 14, 2004
                Thanks! - T