Re: SM Training Award

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 22, 2003
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ken Todd <krtodd@r...> wrote:
      > Michael,
      >
      > Since VLSC is a youth leadership course that is to be lead by the
      Crew Advisor, like Troop JLT in Boy Scouts, I doubt it will be added
      in the future.

      Uh, VLSC is ALREADY listed. They DO list Junior Leader training, btw.

      > I am not familiar with Kodiak. Is this a national provided
      training course, or a local one?

      It's a nationally proviced training course syllabus. Used to be
      called "Nature of Leadership Trek". It will be renamed Kodiak.

      NOLT Fact Sheet: http://www.scouting.org/venturing/nlt/index.html

      From the "What's New in Venturing":
      "The name [for Nature of Leadership] will be changing too. It will
      become "Kodiak". There will be a new course offered in 2004
      called "Kodiak X" that will be a weekend leadership challenge course
      using the skills learned in Kodiak. Nature of Leadership will become
      the umbrella of Venturing leadership courses. VLSC will be phase 1,
      Kodiak will be phase 2, and Kodiak X will be phase 3. We are very
      excited about all this. There will be a new pocket medal for NOL-
      Kodiak. All new Kodiak and Kodiak-X support materials will be
      available in June 2004."

      Michael Brown