Council/District training

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2003
      Jim and Neil,

      My council has developed an "Advanced" track for Trainer Development
      Conference. This teaches the trainers most likely to be Course directors
      how to work with budgets, and all of the forms associated with actually
      putting on a training course.

      I've CC:ed our Council Training Chair with this message. He can probably
      better explain the course as he was a teacher and I was a participant last
      January.

      We're having this training next in January 2004.

      Ida

      >> We have put together a one day program we are calling the "Boy
      >> Scout Trainers Conference" (concept report attached) set to take place
      >> in late January. I'm sharing this with you to ask if anyone else has
      >> tried something like this in their your council. This event is modeled
      >> somewhat after the annual Commissioners conference, and I'm looking for
      >> feedback that might make this event even better.
      >>

      > Hello Jim,
      >
      > I don't blast it around, but currently I sit on the National Boy Scouting
      > Committe and the National Boy Scouting Training Task Force. One of my
      > assignments is to develop a training for Council and District Training
      > Chairmen which likely would be offered at the Area or Regional level. I
      figure on it taking 2-2.5 hours.

      > I am most interested in the conference you have developed and would be
      > exceedingly interested in hearing the results. Our next meeting is in early
      > February, so I would need what is available before then.

      Ida Lively
      - Nittany Mountain District Training Chair