Re: [Scouter_T] Training Awards

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2003
      As a SWAG*, this year, unless you are referring to the requirement
      for Fast Start, NLE, SM Specific Tng, and the Outdoor Leadership
      Experience; these changed a couple of years ago, with the advent of
      the D or E revision.

      Dave

      * My council Service Store has chosen not to buy this revision until
      the E revision is sold out. I guess I will have to call NC and order
      a couple of copies.

      John Oliphant wrote:
      > I recently acquired the latest version of the Training Committee
      > Guide(34169F), and I notice that the Scouter's Training Award and
      > Scoutmaster's Key awards have updated requirements. Two questions:
      >
      > 1. Just for reference, when did these awards change?
      >
      > 2. How do I handle these changes with regards to the old requirements
      > being obsolete? I have plenty of SMs who did the old training courses
      > and who might like to earn the Key, but won't (want to) do the new
      > courses...
      >
      > --
      > John Oliphant
      > Wabano District Boy Scout Training Guy
      > SW Michigan Council
      > I yus-ta be-a Bobwhite...
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cqva241/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1071194858/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
    • Ken Todd
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2003
        John,

        I am guessing that you are talking about the Training requirement changing from the old names to the new course names. In my case, I use the equivalent courses. For example, the old Scoutmaster Fundamentals would relate to New Leader Essentials + Scoutmaster Specific + Intro. to Outdoor Leader Skills.

        Remember though that that would not work for Committee Members who did not really have a Troop Committee course in the past.

        Yours in Scouting,
        Ken
        District Training Chair