How to Promote Boy Scout Training

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 44 , Nov 18, 2003
      In January we are trying something "new" (at least in our Council) to
      "assist districts in selecting, recruiting, and training an effective
      district training team" (Leadership Training Committee Guide). We are
      holding our first annual "Boy Scout Trainers Conference", a council
      level program designed to "bring together new and experienced (BS)
      trainers for a day of learning, sharing ideas, and honing each other's
      training skills".

      One of the sessions: "How to Promote Boy Scout Training in your
      District", is in need of some expert advice. It seems this is one area
      everyone has difficulties with and no one feels particularly successful
      at it. We could use your expert advice on how to best promote training
      at the district level. I assure you, your ideas and suggestions will be
      passed onto the poor guy that has to stand up in front of this
      conference and moderate a discussion on this subject...me! Thanks in
      advance for your advice.

      Yours in Scouting
      Jim
      Council Training Chairman
      Central Florida Council (Orlando)
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 44 of 44 , Dec 13, 2003
        I checked out your web site. What a fantastic idea. Now if we could
        invent something that runs on spam.

        Dave

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349