JLTC

  • Mikedunne@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2003
      Kris, OT District Training Chair wrote:

      > Anyway, they were saying that the JLT was like the
      > Wood badge for the 21st century with all the licensed parts
      > removed.

      I am on the JLT Task Force and worked on the design team. The new syllabus is being readied for the final round of pilot courses. The task force purposely decided the new JLTC would not be 21ST Century Wood Badge Lite. However, there are many common components, written so a youth can understand.

      The current draft version does eliminate much of the licensed material that we see in 21 Cent WB by using some different language.

      The game plan is to conduct the last few pilots, tweak the syllabus and roll it out in August. Philmont Training Center sessions this coming summer should feature much of the new syllabus. Writing is in progress and there is also some discussion on how it will be rolled out (like whether to have something similar to Wood Badge Course Director Development Conferences.)

      Mike Dunne
      Istrouma Area Council
      Vice chairman of Bd for Program
      Member National JLTC Task Force