Re: Experienced Scouters at NLE

  • S. Kelly Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
      I've been the chief presenter for NLE in our (now 3) districts
      since it was rolled out. The first audience group I targeted was the
      experienced Scouter. I am proud to say that we have had pretty much
      every Scouter with 20+ years experience attend and enjoy the class.
      My pitch has always been that NLE helps everyone to be on the
      same page and deliver the same message. Now more than ever, we as
      volunteers need to present an even-handed, fair depiction of what we
      strive for and what we teach young people. Veteran Scouters
      understand that, and by their example, the new ones also attend the
      course.
      Even having seen "Ages and Stages" as part of another course,
      many people remark on how the film is dead-on at explaining why the
      program is so insistent on age-appropriate activity. Also, it is fun
      to see if you can identify the same actors in other BSA films!
      YiS--
      Kelly Parker
      Pueblo District Training Poobah
      CM, COR, 2 beads twice, and a bunch of other stuff