ALE? [was: NLE]

  • Ken.Walker@mscsoftware.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
      So, how about "Adult Leader Essentials"???
      It's not program specific, and defines the target group.
      In addition, it has a GREAT TLA (three letter acronym).
      And, doesn't a couple of hours at ALE sound refreshing?

      (Yes, I know some folks will _NOT_ see the humor in this, but you gotta
      admit it would be an eye-catcher.)

      -Ken
      (who will now return to lurking mode.)

      joedet first posed the idea:
      >> One of the things we came up with is to change the name of NLE (New
      Leaders
      >> Essentials) to SLE (Scout Leaders Essentials)

      Lloyd Solis responded:
      > Best Idea I've heard all month!

      But Scott Eliason observed:
      > how about the Cub Scout Leaders, Varsity Scout Leaders and Venturing
      > Leaders, who will now think it is for Boy Scout Leaders only.

      Teresa Hall echoed this thought:
      > I had the same reaction, Scott, but taking "New" off of it does make
      sense.
    • S. Kelly Parker
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2003
        I've been the chief presenter for NLE in our (now 3) districts
        since it was rolled out. The first audience group I targeted was the
        experienced Scouter. I am proud to say that we have had pretty much
        every Scouter with 20+ years experience attend and enjoy the class.
        My pitch has always been that NLE helps everyone to be on the
        same page and deliver the same message. Now more than ever, we as
        volunteers need to present an even-handed, fair depiction of what we
        strive for and what we teach young people. Veteran Scouters
        understand that, and by their example, the new ones also attend the
        course.
        Even having seen "Ages and Stages" as part of another course,
        many people remark on how the film is dead-on at explaining why the
        program is so insistent on age-appropriate activity. Also, it is fun
        to see if you can identify the same actors in other BSA films!
        YiS--
        Kelly Parker
        Pueblo District Training Poobah
        CM, COR, 2 beads twice, and a bunch of other stuff