Re: [Scouter_T] CO syllabus?

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
      The course is called "Training the Chartered Organization Representative" No.
      4-113.

      And here are some links to some council developed presentations:
      www.tac-bsa.org/cor_training.ppt
      www.geocities.com/powerpoint_presentations/ COR_Training_2002.ppt -
      Supplemental Result
      www.umcscouting.org/download/COR_Training.PDF
      www.grandtetoncouncil.org/index.cfm?pageid=1265

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Chair
      3 Rivers District

    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
        There's an outline of the CORs duties in the pamphlet # 33118(N), the latest version
        I know of being "C". You could probably do a short training sesion from that.

        Dave

        wahowland@... wrote:

        > I heard at a recent Univ of Scouting that there is a syllabus for training
        > Charter Org Reps. Is this a nat'lly developed one, or was I just hearing
        > about a
        > locally-produced thing? If it exists nationally (or if you have a good
        > locally-developed one), can someone either point me to it or send me an
        > electronic
        > copy?
        >
        > YiS
        > Auntie Beans

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
      • Nell Colbert
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
          Hi Auntie Beans,

          Below are links to the National syllabus for CR training.

          <http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/index.html>
          http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/index.html
          <http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/04-113.pdf>
          http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/04-113.pdf

          Hope this helps.

          Nell Colbert
          Central Florida Council
          Little Econ District
          CR Training Course Director - Jan04

          I heard at a recent Univ of Scouting that there is a syllabus for
          training
          Charter Org Reps. Is this a nat'lly developed one, or was I just hearing
          about a
          locally-produced thing? If it exists nationally (or if you have a good
          locally-developed one), can someone either point me to it or send me an
          electronic
          copy?

          YiS
          Auntie Beans
          Training Chair
          Cape Cod & Islands Council, MA
          I useta be an eagle... NE-I-188
          ...and a staffer, NE-I-209, 234
          Nat'l Health & Safety NSJ 1997, 2001, 2005

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cq59ok6/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=eg
          roupweb/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1068829423/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.ad
          vertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1068743023179919> Click to learn
          more...

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egrou
          pmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=236272105>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • Ken Todd
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 16, 2003
            The training syllabus is published by the National Office.

            Yours in Scouting,
            Ken