CO syllabus?

  • wahowland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
      I heard at a recent Univ of Scouting that there is a syllabus for training
      Charter Org Reps. Is this a nat'lly developed one, or was I just hearing about a
      locally-produced thing? If it exists nationally (or if you have a good
      locally-developed one), can someone either point me to it or send me an electronic
      copy?

      YiS
      Auntie Beans
      Training Chair
      Cape Cod & Islands Council, MA
      I useta be an eagle... NE-I-188
      ...and a staffer, NE-I-209, 234
      Nat'l Health & Safety NSJ 1997, 2001, 2005
    • Gary C Burkhardt
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
        The syllabus for COR training is available on the National website at

        http://www.scouting.org/relationships/

        Gary Burkhardt
        Suffolk County Council Training Chairman
      • JNDunnMN@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
          The course is called "Training the Chartered Organization Representative" No.
          4-113.

          And here are some links to some council developed presentations:
          www.tac-bsa.org/cor_training.ppt
          www.geocities.com/powerpoint_presentations/ COR_Training_2002.ppt -
          Supplemental Result
          www.umcscouting.org/download/COR_Training.PDF
          www.grandtetoncouncil.org/index.cfm?pageid=1265

          YiS,
          Jamie Dunn
          Pack Trainer
          P. 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Chair
          3 Rivers District

        • Chris Jacobi
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
            At 09:03 AM 11/13/2003 , you wrote:
            >syllabus for training
            >Charter Org Reps

            It is on the BSA website
            http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/index.html

            Chris

            Chris Jacobi
            jacobi@...
            www.pacsky.org
          • Dave Loomis
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
              There's an outline of the CORs duties in the pamphlet # 33118(N), the latest version
              I know of being "C". You could probably do a short training sesion from that.

              Dave

              wahowland@... wrote:

              > I heard at a recent Univ of Scouting that there is a syllabus for training
              > Charter Org Reps. Is this a nat'lly developed one, or was I just hearing
              > about a
              > locally-produced thing? If it exists nationally (or if you have a good
              > locally-developed one), can someone either point me to it or send me an
              > electronic
              > copy?
              >
              > YiS
              > Auntie Beans

              245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
              Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
            • Nell Colbert
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
                Hi Auntie Beans,

                Below are links to the National syllabus for CR training.

                <http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/index.html>
                http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/index.html
                <http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/04-113.pdf>
                http://www.scouting.org/relationships/04-113/04-113.pdf

                Hope this helps.

                Nell Colbert
                Central Florida Council
                Little Econ District
                CR Training Course Director - Jan04

                I heard at a recent Univ of Scouting that there is a syllabus for
                training
                Charter Org Reps. Is this a nat'lly developed one, or was I just hearing
                about a
                locally-produced thing? If it exists nationally (or if you have a good
                locally-developed one), can someone either point me to it or send me an
                electronic
                copy?

                YiS
                Auntie Beans
                Training Chair
                Cape Cod & Islands Council, MA
                I useta be an eagle... NE-I-188
                ...and a staffer, NE-I-209, 234
                Nat'l Health & Safety NSJ 1997, 2001, 2005

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cq59ok6/M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=eg
                roupweb/S=1705066162:HM/EXP=1068829423/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.ad
                vertising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1068743023179919> Click to learn
                more...

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4156324.5364586.1261774/D=egrou
                pmail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=236272105>

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • Ken Todd
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 16, 2003
                  The training syllabus is published by the National Office.

                  Yours in Scouting,
                  Ken