Re: Trainer Recognition

  • Michael Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2003
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Scott&Rita Eliason"
      <sreliason@m...> wrote:
      > Michael and all,
      >
      > Absolutely right, but it is Venturing Leader Specific Training, no
      longer
      > basic. Regarding VLSC, hmmm. As a council recognition program, I
      don't
      > think crew training would count. Unless done council- or district-
      wide and
      > then perhaps Troop Junior Leader Training would count, too, if not
      done by
      > troops, but by council or district. However, these (VLSC and TJLT)
      are
      > supposed to be done by the unit.

      Yes, am aware of the new name of Venturing adult training. Just
      couldn't remember it.

      As to VLSC. Yes, while it should be done by the crew, I am seeing
      many councils run VLSC courses at the council level mainly because of
      small crews that can't do it themselves. Usually most try to start
      this by having adults run the first course (or two), then turn it
      over to council-level Venturers to run the next courses.

      Same is true of Kodiak. It can be done by the council OR it can be
      done by a crew for just themselves.

      Michael Brown