re: training

  • Cstrek97@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003
      Youth Protection. You should have that available to adult leaders also.

      Marty Smith
      A District Training Chairman in CT

    • Jay Oakman
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 25, 2006
        We have a, Cub Scout Leader Basic Training Self-Study Course No. 34702
        does any one know if there is conterpart for the Boy Scout Leader?

        thank you

        Jay
      • JNDunnMN
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 25, 2006
          I have only ever seen the Cub Scout one (and it is *really, really* out of date). I know the Leadership training Committee Guide still lists self study as a valid training method, but we haven't had materials to support it for some time. On the rare occasions I've done this, I've assigned reading from the appropriate leader book (based on the group training syllabus), and then met with the learner one on one and covered the video/powerpoint presentations in an abbreviated fashion. I would expect you could do this for a Boy Scout Leader in two evenings.

          I know the old Self Study guide had worksheets or 'quizzes' that the learner had to complete. I suppose you could create something like that based on the learning objectives for each session, but AFAIK, there are no BSA materials to support this method of presenting training.

          Pack Trainer
          Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Chair
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          3 Rivers District

          In a message dated 10/25/06 12:51:42 Central Daylight Time, bsafox@... writes:
          We have a, Cub Scout Leader Basic Training Self-Study Course No. 34702
          does any one know if there is conterpart for the Boy Scout Leader?

          thank you

          Jay

        • Dave Loomis
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 25, 2006
            Not that I know of. I suspect you'd have to set something like
            this up yourself, having the learner xhase after backup for questions
            you drew up out of the SM Specific Training syllabus, using all of the
            typical references, HBfB, SMHB, etc..

            Dave

            Jay Oakman wrote:
            > We have a, Cub Scout Leader Basic Training Self-Study Course No. 34702
            > does any one know if there is conterpart for the Boy Scout Leader?
            >
            > thank you
            >
            > Jay

            ADC & BS Training Chair
            Historic District
            Daniel Webster Council, BSA

            245 Union St., #4 (603) 431 5342
            Portsmouth, NH 0301-4349
          • Andre Coltrin
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 25, 2006
              Does anyone have the video clips for the VLSC course in computer format that can be played from windows?

              Andre
              Branson MO