My introduction to all Trainers on the List

  • Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
      Hello Fellow Trainers,
      I am Pat Shaw from Birmingham, Alabama (actually the city of Hoover, which is just on the south of Birmingham). I am on the Troop Committee of Troop 69, chartered with Mountain Chapel United Methodist Church in Vestavia, AL, and am on the Vulcan District Training Team here in the Greater Alabama Council.

      Right now, I am working my Wood Badge ticket, one item of which is that I have agreed to be the Program Director for our District's upcoming BALOO training in January of this year. Although I've been a member of Scouts-L for awhile, it certainly seems time to join with such an esteemed group of trainers (BSA and others) to gain knowledge from you. I look forward to learning from each of you, and hopefully being an asset to the group.

      Oh, and I guess I should introduce my husband, Wally, in absentia. He is the other half of the yahoo name "woodbadgecouple," and he is also working his Wood Badge ticket. He just attended the Trainer Development Conference a few weeks back, and 1/2 of one of his ticket items is to teach at a training event, so he's interested in this list as well. He just asked me if I'd approve of him as a trainer at my upcoming BALOO. I told him I'd take it under advisement. ;-)

      I certainly want to stay in keeping with the syllabus presented by BSA, but I'm looking for any ideas to -as Emeril would say - Kick It Up a Notch. So send me your ideas, or post them to the list. I really appreciate it.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Pat Shaw

    • NeilLup@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
        Welcome, Pat,

        Best wishes,

        Neil Lupton
      • Dave Loomis
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
          Nothing personal, Pat, but try to teach the syllabus as it is written a couple of
          times before you start adding stuff. It is difficult enough to keep on time with the
          material given without adding more stuff.

          Dave
          ADC & Training Chair

          Shaw wrote:

          > I certainly want to stay in keeping with the syllabus presented by BSA,
          > but I'm looking for any ideas to -as Emeril would say - Kick It Up a
          > Notch. So send me your ideas, or post them to the list. I really
          > appreciate it.
          >
          > Yours in Scouting,
          > Pat Shaw

          245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
          Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
        • Teresa Hall
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2003
            Welcome Pat! I can vouch for this Wally person of whom you speak. He's a
            pretty fair instructor... <smile>

            Welcome aboard!
            Teresa
            what, you need my sig?
            **************************************
            Teresa Hall
            Pack 321 CC, Bluff Park UMC
            Vulcan District Cub Scout Training Coordinator
            (h) 205-822-9043
            (w) 205-934-3254
            hallter@...

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor