RE: [Scouter_T] "Council Committee" training

  • Richard Damon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
      Sorry, saw committee and mind went to troop. I did go to a District
      Committee and Commissioners Workshop at the beginning of this month which
      may be what you are talking of. This course began with a lesson on the
      purpose, structure, responsibilities and organization of a council or
      district. We then broke down into committees an learned more details of our
      committee and then set out goals and plans for the year. The whole group got
      back together and we shared these with the whole group. In some ways it was
      more a practical exercise then training, but that is a good thing when you
      figure the background of most of the people there.

      Richard Damon
      --
      rbrdamon@... (Home)
      rdamon@... (Work)

    • R Fisher
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
        Haven't seen a Council Committee version but there is a District Committee Training Workshop sylabus ( # 34160C) that is designed to "help councils
        provide basic training for members of the district committee." Basically, it goes over the functions and structure of the district committee, the major
        tasks of each specific committee or assignment, the function and responsibilities of each of the Key Three members and helps develope the interaction
        between the various roles. It also qualifies District Committee members to wear the "Trained" patch.

        I would suspect that the Council Committee version is very similar.

        YiS

        Roy Fisher