RE: [Scouter_T] "Council Committee" training

  • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
      Right church, wrong pew. ;-)

      I've been asked as a commissioner and training committee member
      to sit in on a 'certification' course for Troop Committee Challenge,
      they're looking for facilitators.
      'Council Committee' training is a totally separate course, aimed
      at people who are members of council committees. I heard from
      Larry Ohs off line regarding the course. I'll be taking it at
      the end of the month and wanted an idea of what it consists of.

      Pete Mullaney

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
        Sorry, saw committee and mind went to troop. I did go to a District
        Committee and Commissioners Workshop at the beginning of this month which
        may be what you are talking of. This course began with a lesson on the
        purpose, structure, responsibilities and organization of a council or
        district. We then broke down into committees an learned more details of our
        committee and then set out goals and plans for the year. The whole group got
        back together and we shared these with the whole group. In some ways it was
        more a practical exercise then training, but that is a good thing when you
        figure the background of most of the people there.

        Richard Damon
        --
        rbrdamon@... (Home)
        rdamon@... (Work)

      • R Fisher
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2003
          Haven't seen a Council Committee version but there is a District Committee Training Workshop sylabus ( # 34160C) that is designed to "help councils
          provide basic training for members of the district committee." Basically, it goes over the functions and structure of the district committee, the major
          tasks of each specific committee or assignment, the function and responsibilities of each of the Key Three members and helps develope the interaction
          between the various roles. It also qualifies District Committee members to wear the "Trained" patch.

          I would suspect that the Council Committee version is very similar.

          YiS

          Roy Fisher