Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Camping Guidelines -- Camporees

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
      Check here:

      http://www.scoutingthenet.com/Publications/

      I have links to both pdf and html versions on QuapawBSA.org.

      --- "Dan Kurtenbach" <danielkurtenbach@...> wrote:
      >In preparation for our upcoming Camporee we are responding to questions
      >about Webelos visiting, participating, and camping. Of course the
      >current rules, though they have been in effect for a few years now, are
      >not what everyone "remembers." I want to quote and cite the reference,
      >which I think is a pamphlet called "Cub Scout Outdoor Program 2003" or
      >something like that. I thought I had a scanned version, but I can't
      >find it, and I thought it was in the files section of this group, but
      >can't find it there either, and I won't be getting up to the Scout Shop
      >this weekend. The "Age-Appropriate Guidelines" chart says "visit only,"
      >but that doesn't really explain the policy, so I'd appreciate it if
      >someone has the pamphlet or a web link to the policy. Thanks.
      >
      >Dan Kurtenbach
      >Fairfax, VA

      >Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/

      -- This free service provided by Arkie.Net --
      http://www.arkie.net/
      Low Cost Web Hosting - Free E-Mail - Free Web Promotion
    • Dan Kurtenbach
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
        Thanks to all who responded.

        If any of you have a connection with whoever prepares these
        publications, I note that there is an error in the chart
        entitled "Scouting's Camping Program -- Ever-Increasing Challenge
        Out-of-Doors." The column above "Age 13" lists Boy Scout Camping,
        Varsity Scout Camping, Venture Activities, and Varsity Sports.
        While that is correct for Boy Scout Camping and Venture [Patrol, not
        VenturING] Activities, the minimum age for Varsity Scouts is 14.

        Dan Kurtenbach
        Fairfax, VA