Re: Cub Scout Camping Guidelines -- Camporees

  • Bill Nelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
      Take a look in the safety section of our district site:
      http://www.grandcanyonbsa.org/saltriver/resources/csresources.htm

      I think that is what you are looking for.

      Other resources on our site at:
      http://www.grandcanyonbsa.org/saltriver

      YiS,
      Bill Nelson
    • Wendell Brown
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
        Check here:

        http://www.scoutingthenet.com/Publications/

        I have links to both pdf and html versions on QuapawBSA.org.

        --- "Dan Kurtenbach" <danielkurtenbach@...> wrote:
        >In preparation for our upcoming Camporee we are responding to questions
        >about Webelos visiting, participating, and camping. Of course the
        >current rules, though they have been in effect for a few years now, are
        >not what everyone "remembers." I want to quote and cite the reference,
        >which I think is a pamphlet called "Cub Scout Outdoor Program 2003" or
        >something like that. I thought I had a scanned version, but I can't
        >find it, and I thought it was in the files section of this group, but
        >can't find it there either, and I won't be getting up to the Scout Shop
        >this weekend. The "Age-Appropriate Guidelines" chart says "visit only,"
        >but that doesn't really explain the policy, so I'd appreciate it if
        >someone has the pamphlet or a web link to the policy. Thanks.
        >
        >Dan Kurtenbach
        >Fairfax, VA

        >Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/

        -- This free service provided by Arkie.Net --
        http://www.arkie.net/
        Low Cost Web Hosting - Free E-Mail - Free Web Promotion
      • Dan Kurtenbach
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
          Thanks to all who responded.

          If any of you have a connection with whoever prepares these
          publications, I note that there is an error in the chart
          entitled "Scouting's Camping Program -- Ever-Increasing Challenge
          Out-of-Doors." The column above "Age 13" lists Boy Scout Camping,
          Varsity Scout Camping, Venture Activities, and Varsity Sports.
          While that is correct for Boy Scout Camping and Venture [Patrol, not
          VenturING] Activities, the minimum age for Varsity Scouts is 14.

          Dan Kurtenbach
          Fairfax, VA