Cub Scout Camping Guidelines -- Camporees

  • Dan Kurtenbach
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
      In preparation for our upcoming Camporee we are responding to questions
      about Webelos visiting, participating, and camping. Of course the
      current rules, though they have been in effect for a few years now, are
      not what everyone "remembers." I want to quote and cite the reference,
      which I think is a pamphlet called "Cub Scout Outdoor Program 2003" or
      something like that. I thought I had a scanned version, but I can't
      find it, and I thought it was in the files section of this group, but
      can't find it there either, and I won't be getting up to the Scout Shop
      this weekend. The "Age-Appropriate Guidelines" chart says "visit only,"
      but that doesn't really explain the policy, so I'd appreciate it if
      someone has the pamphlet or a web link to the policy. Thanks.

      Dan Kurtenbach
      Fairfax, VA
    • Bill Nelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
        Take a look in the safety section of our district site:
        http://www.grandcanyonbsa.org/saltriver/resources/csresources.htm

        I think that is what you are looking for.

        Other resources on our site at:
        http://www.grandcanyonbsa.org/saltriver

        YiS,
        Bill Nelson
      • Wendell Brown
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
          Check here:

          http://www.scoutingthenet.com/Publications/

          I have links to both pdf and html versions on QuapawBSA.org.

          --- "Dan Kurtenbach" <danielkurtenbach@...> wrote:
          >In preparation for our upcoming Camporee we are responding to questions
          >about Webelos visiting, participating, and camping. Of course the
          >current rules, though they have been in effect for a few years now, are
          >not what everyone "remembers." I want to quote and cite the reference,
          >which I think is a pamphlet called "Cub Scout Outdoor Program 2003" or
          >something like that. I thought I had a scanned version, but I can't
          >find it, and I thought it was in the files section of this group, but
          >can't find it there either, and I won't be getting up to the Scout Shop
          >this weekend. The "Age-Appropriate Guidelines" chart says "visit only,"
          >but that doesn't really explain the policy, so I'd appreciate it if
          >someone has the pamphlet or a web link to the policy. Thanks.
          >
          >Dan Kurtenbach
          >Fairfax, VA

          >Scouting The Net - http://www.arkie.net/scouting/

          -- This free service provided by Arkie.Net --
          http://www.arkie.net/
          Low Cost Web Hosting - Free E-Mail - Free Web Promotion
        • Dan Kurtenbach
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
            Thanks to all who responded.

            If any of you have a connection with whoever prepares these
            publications, I note that there is an error in the chart
            entitled "Scouting's Camping Program -- Ever-Increasing Challenge
            Out-of-Doors." The column above "Age 13" lists Boy Scout Camping,
            Varsity Scout Camping, Venture Activities, and Varsity Sports.
            While that is correct for Boy Scout Camping and Venture [Patrol, not
            VenturING] Activities, the minimum age for Varsity Scouts is 14.

            Dan Kurtenbach
            Fairfax, VA