Scouter_T Intro

  • Ken.Walker@mscsoftware.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2003
      All-
      Just a quick intro - I joined Scouter_T a few days ago, and have been
      hanging around, reading the digests and "thumbing thru" the archives. I
      recognize a lot of familiar faces from other Scouting email lists. ;^)

      First my intro...
      Like many of you, I have been doing the "Scouting thing" for longer than I
      can remember:
      - I was a Boy Scout back in the "good ol days" when everything was made out
      of canvas. Seriously -- I did my Philmont trek with a canvas backpack and
      canvas tent, although I will admit to having one of the first nylon mummy
      bags. ;^)
      - I got involved as an adult leader when my oldest son was in Cub Scouts. I
      began as a Webelos ADL/DL, and progressed through the blue epaulet jobs:
      Advancement, Asst CM, CM, along with a few more stints as a Webelos ADL
      with my other sons.
      - I added some red epaulets to my collection as an ASM when the oldest
      crossed over to Boy Scouts.
      - I got involved in training while "working my ticket". First it was Boy
      Scout Jr Leader Training (we call it "Oak Leaf"). I have also staffed at
      our Cub Pow-Wows. I have been lucky enough to staff a few Wood Badge
      courses (both the old BSLWB and the new WB21C). Now, I'm returning to my
      roots to help with District Cub Leader training in the fall (Hi Brant!).
      - I am also the owner/moderator for Boy-Scout-Talk - another scouting group
      here in Yahoo Groups.

      Looking forward to the training discussions. As they say: "Every boy
      deserves a WELL-TRAINED leader".

      -Ken

      Ken Walker
      ASM T-259 Plano, TX

      I used to be a Bear - WB-53/SR-269
      and good old Staffer too....
      WB-60/SR-412 - WB-63/SR-485 - WB-66/SR-561