Just a quick intro - I joined Scouter_T a few days ago, and have been
hanging around, reading the digests and "thumbing thru" the archives. I
recognize a lot of familiar faces from other Scouting email lists. ;^)
First my intro...
Like many of you, I have been doing the "Scouting thing" for longer than I
- I was a Boy Scout back in the "good ol days" when everything was made out
of canvas. Seriously -- I did my Philmont trek with a canvas backpack and
canvas tent, although I will admit to having one of the first nylon mummy
- I got involved as an adult leader when my oldest son was in Cub Scouts. I
began as a Webelos ADL/DL, and progressed through the blue epaulet jobs:
Advancement, Asst CM, CM, along with a few more stints as a Webelos ADL
with my other sons.
- I added some red epaulets to my collection as an ASM when the oldest
crossed over to Boy Scouts.
- I got involved in training while "working my ticket". First it was Boy
Scout Jr Leader Training (we call it "Oak Leaf"). I have also staffed at
our Cub Pow-Wows. I have been lucky enough to staff a few Wood Badge
courses (both the old BSLWB and the new WB21C). Now, I'm returning to my
roots to help with District Cub Leader training in the fall (Hi Brant!).
- I am also the owner/moderator for Boy-Scout-Talk - another scouting group
here in Yahoo Groups.
Looking forward to the training discussions. As they say: "Every boy
deserves a WELL-TRAINED leader".
ASM T-259 Plano, TX
I used to be a Bear - WB-53/SR-269
and good old Staffer too....
WB-60/SR-412 - WB-63/SR-485 - WB-66/SR-561