Re: [Scouter_T] BALOO Training

  • Wendell Brown
    Message 1 of 97 , Aug 6, 2003
      On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 04:51:18 -0700 (PDT), Kevin Pate wrote:

      >Putting BALOO and Webelos Outdoor Training together
      >makes about as much sense to me as putting Tiger
      >Leader and Webelos Leader Position Specific training
      >together. Yeah, part of it's the same or near on the
      >same, but a lot of it ain't.

      Some councils choose to offer both courses at the same time / location
      and share instructors. The courses are still totally (or mostly)
      separate but the training folk only have to deal with getting the stuff
      set up once. Now, don't get me wrong, I think that this is generally
      less than optimal - offering two Cub Scout adult trainings at the same
      time is pretty much guaranteed to generate conflicts ("But... I want to
      take both."). Our council has offered "Introduction To Outdoor Leader
      Skills" (a Boy Scout Leader course) and BALOO at the same time
      (Saturday only for BALOO) and we had people who were disappointed that
      they couldn't take both courses.

      Wendell Brown - Scouting The Net - <http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/>
      Quapaw Area Council - Cub Camping Chairman - Webmaster
    • scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      Message 97 of 97 , Mar 1 8:08 AM
        ----- THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE -----

        GROUP DESCRIPTION
        Messages sent to this group should be DIRECTLY related to training. If
        you have a question or comment that isn't related to training it should
        be sent to one of the other lists (Scouts-L, Cub-Scout-Talk, etc.) that
        cater to the type of question you are asking. A list of e-mail groups
        can be found at:
        http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/Resources/E-Mail_Lists/

        If you see a question on this list that you don't feel is directly
        related to training, please DON'T reply to it on the list. If you
        choose to reply to it, send the reply directly to the author.

        If you see a thread that you don't feel is related to training and it
        doesn't die on it's own, please send a message to the group owner
        (wbrown@...) and I will review the thread and see if the thread
        should be terminated.

        GROUP FEATURES
        ---------------------
        FILES AREA - We have file folders for the various leader training
        events and other training related resources in the Files Area. Feel
        free to browse and use what is there and add to them when you have
        information you feel everyone can benefit from seeing or using.

        BOOKMARKS AREA - In the bookmarks section, we have links to many
        training resources. If you know of any additional sites related to
        training, please add it.

        DATABASE AREA - In the database section we have a database with
        syllabus information. If you have a syllabus that isn't there please
        add it. If you can think of a useful training database that we don't
        have you can create it.

        POLLS AREA - Please stop by and let us know what your position is in
        scouting or update it when it changes. Put your thinking cap on and
        start a new one anytime.

        CALENDAR AREA - Check for training dates or add your own.

        POSTING TO THIS GROUP

        MESSAGE DELIVERY OPTIONS
        ------------------------
        To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
        scouter_t-digest@yahoogroups.com

        To receive individual messages instead of digests, send email to:
        scouter_t-normal@yahoogroups.com

        To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the
        Web), send an email to:
        scouter_t-nomail@yahoogroups.com

        CONTACTING THE GROUP OWNER

        Yahoo! Groups Help:
        http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/

        Your Yahoo! Groups
        http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups/

        PROBLEMS GETTING INTO FILES / DATABASES / POLLS / ETC.
        the file name. If you are looking for a database try going to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scouter_t/ clicking on "Database" and
        then the database name.

        2) You may have to associate your Yahoo ID with your e-mail address. To
        do this go to http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups/ and try logging in. If
        you don't see the Scouter_T group (or you don't have a Yahoo login ID)
        you will need to do the following:

        If you don't have a Yahoo account click on the "New Member? Click here
        to register for FREE!" link on the right side of the page.

        Once you have your id you will need to go to the "Account Wizard"
        (http://groups.yahoo.com/memwiz) to associate your e-mail address with
        your Yahoo account. The easiest way I've found to do this is to enter
        the E-Mail address you want to use in the box under "Don't have a
        password? Forgot your password?". Then click on Continue.

        You should now be at a second screen that will ask for a confirmation
        number. That number will have been automatically e-mailed to the
        e-mail address you entered on the previous page. Get your mail from
        that account and copy the code into the space provided and click on
        continue.

        You will now be asked to login. Follow the instructions and you should
        be logged into Yahoo with your e-mail address associated with your
        account and you should have full access to all web based areas of
        YahooGroups.

        Wendell Brown - wbrown@...