Re: [Scouter_T] Hello!

  • Kevin Pate
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      --- Samantha <GSTroop2434@...> wrote:
      > Hi! I'm new here. I am thinking of becoming a
      > Cub/Boy Scout leader, but not sure where to begin.

      To determine the contact points for the local BSA
      council in your area, mosey over to:
      http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?c=lc
      and plug in your zip code. That will bring up name,
      addy and phone information, plus the local council
      website if an official website exists.

      For a fast overview, interactive fast start training
      is available online for Cub leaders and Boy Scout
      leaders, and there is also an Adobe PDF file available
      for download for Venturing adults.
      Links to each of these can be found by clicking the
      Training Opportunities link in the main menu at:
      http://www.lastfrontiercouncil.org/

      This particular list (Scouter-T) is geared toward
      training issues in Scouting, hence the T 8^).

      However, many other Scouting related lists exist,
      within yahoogroups and elsewhere. Some are very
      specifically related to either Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts
      or Venturing, and some are very broad based in the
      common topics.

      YiS,
      Kevin outta Norman, America
      another wearer of multiple hats within BSA and GSUSA

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com