Re: [Scouter_T] Hello!

  • Debbie Beer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      Welcome to the fellowship of Boy Scouting. The best way to start is to
      contact your local council and get set up to meet with your local District
      Executive. He will guide you through the registration process. The next
      step is get involved in the training courses offered in your local council.
      It is through your DE and your training that you will find the most support
      to make your unit successful.

      Good Luck!!!!!!!
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        --- Samantha <GSTroop2434@...> wrote:
        > Hi! I'm new here. I am thinking of becoming a
        > Cub/Boy Scout leader, but not sure where to begin.

        To determine the contact points for the local BSA
        council in your area, mosey over to:
        http://www.scouting.org/nav/enter.jsp?c=lc
        and plug in your zip code. That will bring up name,
        addy and phone information, plus the local council
        website if an official website exists.

        For a fast overview, interactive fast start training
        is available online for Cub leaders and Boy Scout
        leaders, and there is also an Adobe PDF file available
        for download for Venturing adults.
        Links to each of these can be found by clicking the
        Training Opportunities link in the main menu at:
        http://www.lastfrontiercouncil.org/

        This particular list (Scouter-T) is geared toward
        training issues in Scouting, hence the T 8^).

        However, many other Scouting related lists exist,
        within yahoogroups and elsewhere. Some are very
        specifically related to either Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts
        or Venturing, and some are very broad based in the
        common topics.

        YiS,
        Kevin outta Norman, America
        another wearer of multiple hats within BSA and GSUSA

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com