Re: [Scouter_T] Communications Training -- For Scouts

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 12, 2003
      Neil Lupton wrote...

      > I could see on a Troop campout a communications relay. Each patrol is
      > going to be given a message. Each patrol member has to pass it to another
      > patrol member (perhaps over some distance) using a different method of
      > communication.

      There is also the gametime approach. There used to be a game
      called "gossip". The teams, however many you want, are each
      lined up. The leader is given a written item that he can only
      tell about. He tells the person next to him in line, and they
      tell the next, etc.

      The winner is the team that passes the info most accurately,
      and in the shortest time. Accuracy beats speed.

      It's a real eye opener to see what comes out the end sometimes.
      A little like the gossip scene in "Fiddler on the Roof", that
      came up with a number of outlandish rumors about Tevya and Golde.

      YiS,

      Chuck