Re: Anouncement Song

  • mullaney53
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Weinschenk" <andiw@a...>
      wrote:
      > Hi all....I'm a quiet lurker of this list who now has a question.
      > Does anyone know the words to the Boy Scout Anouncement Song (the
      > annoying song the boys sing when an adult gets up to say "I have a
      > couple of anouncements to make"
      > I'm a lifetime Girl Scout that works summers as a camp nurse. Last
      > year I worked 2 weeks at 2 different Girl Scout camps and then 3
      > weeks at a Boy Scout camp and rolled with laughter at this song.
      > I hope someone can help.
      > Thanks,
      > Andrea Weinschenk

      There are a number of versions of the "Announcements Song".
      If you go to:
      http://www.scouter.com/compass/Meeting_Activities/Songs/
      you will find a list of links to song pages. If you click on
      the one titled "Scout Songs" you will get to a page with a
      version of "Announcements". I'm sure many of the other links
      will also have versions of "Announcements". Every once in a
      while I put some versions on my CS Round Table song sheet. Oh,
      yeah, we've never had anyone complain that it is a form of
      hazing - not even from the PC people!

      Pete M.