Re: [Scouter_T] Anouncement Song

  • Debbie Beer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2003
      I believe the words are as follows:

      Announcements Announcements Announcements
      A horrible way to die, A horrible way to die,
      oh to be talked to death, A horrible way to die.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea Weinschenk" <andiw@a...>
        wrote:
        > Hi all....I'm a quiet lurker of this list who now has a question.
        > Does anyone know the words to the Boy Scout Anouncement Song (the
        > annoying song the boys sing when an adult gets up to say "I have a
        > couple of anouncements to make"
        > I'm a lifetime Girl Scout that works summers as a camp nurse. Last
        > year I worked 2 weeks at 2 different Girl Scout camps and then 3
        > weeks at a Boy Scout camp and rolled with laughter at this song.
        > I hope someone can help.
        > Thanks,
        > Andrea Weinschenk

        There are a number of versions of the "Announcements Song".
        If you go to:
        http://www.scouter.com/compass/Meeting_Activities/Songs/
        you will find a list of links to song pages. If you click on
        the one titled "Scout Songs" you will get to a page with a
        version of "Announcements". I'm sure many of the other links
        will also have versions of "Announcements". Every once in a
        while I put some versions on my CS Round Table song sheet. Oh,
        yeah, we've never had anyone complain that it is a form of
        hazing - not even from the PC people!

        Pete M.