HELP with transporting barrels NJ to Pittsburgh

  • MALesniak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2003
      Hello fellow scouters,

      Sorry for the cross-posting...

      With our Sea Adventure theme for camp, I had contacted many wooden barrel
      companies to try and have barrels donated for our "pier" and ship at camp
      this summer.  One of the barrel companies have sold barrels to a filming
      company that will donate the barrels to our camp

      My dilemna....I need to somehow get the barrels from Bloomfield NJ to Butler
      PA.  The filming company will tear down the set on Tuesday May 27th in the
      late afternoon/early evening and needs me to have arrangements to remove the
      barrels at that time.  As you probably know, my camp budget is limited and
      I'm trying to find an economical way to move the barrels to our camp.

      Do you have any contacts with shipping companies that could assist us in
      shipping the barrels?  Do you know any truckers that may be traveling
      east...I could meet them somewhere?  I am willing to explore any reasonable,
      inexpensive option.

      If you can offer any assistance with this, I would really appreciate it.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Michelle Lesniak
      Cubmaster Pack 53 Penn Twp, PA
      Camp Agawam Camp Director (Cub Scout Resident Camp)
      Moraine Trails Council Training Chair