Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Phoenix Only: -- Fwd: Cheap Dutch Ovens!!!

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 12 , May 13, 2003
      Crack[ed] pots are everwhere, but getting them immediately replaced is
      harder to come by.

      Dave

      "Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]" wrote:

      > If I had an oven that cracked while I was cooking
      > with it I wouldn't be thrilled with their quality.
      >
      > Pete M.
      >
      > <snip>
      > > On another note, Lodge replaced, at no charge, a dutch oven that my
      > > troop somehow cracked while cooking with it. Very impressed with
      > > that level of service in today's world.
      > >
      > > Brian Mott
      > > York, PA

      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349
    • Dave Loomis
      Message 2 of 12 , May 13, 2003
        By the same token, I have a Silva Compass that got misused and now
        points South! Rather than replacing it, I toss it in with the rest of the
        compasses to see how quickly the learners on the compass course figure out that
        something is wrong!

        This could also be a good topic for a Scoutmaster's minute - a good idea
        becoming of little value after misuse.

        Dave

        Scouter Chuck wrote:

        > Pete M. wrote...
        >
        > > If I had an oven that cracked while I was cooking
        > > with it I wouldn't be thrilled with their quality.
        >
        > Anything can crack if misused.

        245 Union St. (603) 431 5342
        Portsmouth, NH 03801-4349