Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Roundtable - survey HELP PLEASE !

  • Ken Todd
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2003
      --- scouter_t@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Subject: Cub Roundtable - survey HELP PLEASE !

      > TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF: Ken Todd
      > Name (optional) Ken Todd
      > District & Council Aquia District, National Capital Area Council
      > Position in Scouting Council Cub Scout Training Chair, District
      Training Chair, Troop Committee Member, Pack Charter Organization
      Representative.
      > Years in Scouting 23 (3 Cub, 7 Boy Scout, 13 Leader)
      > Anything else you'd like to share with me
      >

      > ATTENDANCE AT ROUNDTABLES:
      > Have you ever attended a Cub Roundtable? Former Cub Scout
      Roundtable Commissioner
      > What was your motivation for attending? Dist & Council Activity
      information, program ideas, fun.
      > Did you attend more than once? YES!
      > What did you enjoy most about the Roundtable? Interaction with other
      leaders.
      > What did you least enjoy? Announcements
      > How many people from your Pack attended each month? 4 or 5, in
      addition to me.

      > HOW WAS THE ROUNDTABLE RUN?
      > How often are your Roundtables held? Monthly, except July
      > How long does each one last? 1 hour
      > Are the Cubs and Boy Scouts together during all or part of the
      > meeting? Cub, Boy scout, & Venturing leaders spend the 1st 15
      minutes together for awards & information that effects all of them.
      > Are children allowed at the meetings? There are no facilities fo
      rchildcare.
      > Is there fellowship / food time before or after the meeting? No, but
      people do tend to hang around a little and talk.
      > Are trinkets/beads/etc given out for attendance or participation?
      For Cubs only we hand out a bead each month. As the Training Chair, I
      hand out Train Beads to leaders who recently attended a training
      session, and came to the next Roundtable.

      > FOR RT STAFFERS:
      > Were you ever on a Cub Roundtable staff? YES!
      > If yes, in what position? Pack Leader Breakout leader, then
      Commissioner
      > What types of duties did you perform in that position?
      > What was most rewarding for you? RTC I was like the Cubmaster for
      the District
      > What did you find most frustrating? District Committee member
      announcements eating into my program time.
      > Are you currently in that position? No
      > If not, why not? The District Chairman asked me to move into
      training as I was already involved, and was failiar with all the new
      material that was coming out that year.

      > COMMENTS:
      > If you could develop the "perfect Roundtable", what would it look
      > like, how would it function? Liek the perfect Pack Meeting
      > What would you eliminate from Roundtables you've attended?
      Announcements.

      http://search.yahoo.com