Re: [Scouter_T] YPT certification

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2003
      Who does what in training is a sore point with me, as I do training and
      am also a Commissioner. In our council regular training is done by training
      folks, Commissioner College is done by Commissioners, District Committee
      training is done by selected people from the 8 committees and the council folks,
      and YPT is done by whomever isn't too busy, usually the DE as everyong knows he
      doesn't have much to do - NOT!

      Its sort of like becoming a Psychologist in many states - all it takes
      is the $ 150 to get the sign made up and the $ 35 to hang it outside your
      office. Note that I said Psychologist, NOT Psychiatrist, the MD with a
      residency in Psychiatry, and real chops. In most states you have to have more
      credentials to become a Social Welfare Counselor than to be or call yourself a
      Psychologist.

      Dave

      wahowland@... wrote:

      > Ida asked: What does it take to become certified to be a YP trainer? And the
      > short answer is, Nothing <G>. That is, there is no National standard for
      > same. Many councils have training courses or procedures for observing
      > trainers before they go out on their own, but in my experience most don't. In
      > once council I know, all YPT is done exclusively by the commissioners corps,
      > and they guard the task jealously.
      >

      > YiS
      > Auntie Beans

      245 Union St. (603) 431 5342