Re: Sleeping Arrangements

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 15 , May 6 3:48 PM
      Thank you all for your replies. It helps, although, as in many cases,
      the BSA National Standards are on the foggy side. I wish they would
      come out and state it clearly "NO, siblings of different sexes do not
      camp together." OR "Yes, it is OK for siblings of different sexes to
      camp together." Hopefully, they will update that standard soon.

      Tim

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <aquaboy2001@n...> wrote:
      > Regarding Cub Scout family camping: When families are camping
      > together, we have made it clear that adults don't sleep with children
      > (except their own), male/female adults do not sleep together unless
      > married, but what about mixed siblings. Many perhaps sleep in the same
      > room at home. Do they need to be split up on a camping trip?
      >
      > The question came up in a recent Baloo training. The only answer we
      > could give at the time was to split them up according to the standard
      > of not putting male/female together.
      >
      > Anyone have experience with this or know any policy?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Tim
    • Lloyd Solis
      Message 2 of 15 , May 6 4:37 PM
        Richard Damon wrote:

        > 6. Male and female youth participants will not share the same sleeping
        > facility.
        >
        > 7. When staying in tents, no youth will stay in the tent of an adult
        > other than his or her parent or guardian.
        >
        > Point 6 is clear that youth of opposite sex do not sleep together, so
        > even if siblings share a room at home, they should not do so while on
        > scout camping.
        >
        > Richard Damon

        I think that #6 relates to 'registered scouts', specifically male and female venturers.
        I don't think they are implying cub scout brothers and their sisters.
        But then, I've made a couple of mistakes already this week in my postings.
        I'm certainly not going to tell my families that they cannot have their boy children and
        girl children together with mom and dad in their own tent.

        YiS

        Lloyd