Re: [Scouter_T] Certified Trainer

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2 10:16 AM
      My council (Viking) does not have a program like this but our neighboring council - the Indianhead Council does. Their program runs like this:

      Training:
      Attend NLE & position specific training
      Attend the TDC
      Attend a TDC Continuing Education module (Don't know what this is, obviously some sort of supplemental training)

      Trainer Status:
      The year following TDC present two formal training sessions.
      Each year thereafter, attend or present a Continuing Education Module OR present a TDC session.
      Present a minimum of two training sessions annual to maintain "TRAINER" status

      Trainer Recognition:
      Certificate presented upon completion of TDC
      Indianhead Scouting "TRAINER" name tag presented one year following completion of TDC and Trainer Status

      My reference is the flyer for this year's TDC, held in March
      http://www.indianhead.org/training/advanced/pdf/TDC%20March%202003.pdf

      In addition, one of their trainers who attend Viking's TDC indicated that they must repeat the TDC every three years (don't know if that's true).

      -------
      I like the idea that one has to "apprentice" as a trainer, and continue one's training. As a recognition, I think I'd prefer the special CSP, rather than the name tag, but that's a minor thing.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512