Re: [Scouter_T] Help! I need a mother's poem for an Eagle Ceremony.

  • Nicholas Clark
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2003
      This is a keeper. Thanks Dawn. nick

      Dawn Walters <fairelight51@...> wrote:Here is a poem based on the "Ballad of the Green Beret" . Ballad of an Eagle Scout By Mike Reichart Hiking Scouts go marching by,Cheerful boys who laugh and cry,Boys who mean just what they say,Make them Eagles all some day. Silver wings upon their chests,These are boys, America's best.One hundred boys will join the troop,But only three in the Eagle group. Trained to live off nature's land,Taught to build, and lend a hand,Boys who learn by nature's call,Courage from the Oath and Law. Silver wings upon their chests,These are boys, America's best,One hundred boys will join the troop,But only three on the Eagle group. Back at home a young mom waits,Her Scout is set to review his fate,He has just to pass this test,Leaving her this one request: Put silver wings on my son's chest,Make him one of America's best,He'll be a man they'll test him out,Have him be an Eagle Scout.

      Laura Kilby <kilbyl@...> wrote:

      Fortunately I'm not the one reading it, but the lady who has been asked to
      read it would like to see one ahead of time! *smiles* imagine that!

      Anyway, can y'all give me some direction?

      Thanks,

      Laura Kilby
      Wearing her T-133 Advancement Chair Hat

      Santa Fe Trail District, Training Chair
      Quivira Council, Kansas

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • S. Kelly Parker
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2003
        Nancy--
        Realizing that everything can change, what was the time-frame
        for the OLS for Webelos Leaders? Is it one-day, or including an
        overnight? Round-robins? I'm trying to figure whether we need a
        Friday night/Saturday booked on the calendar, or just a Saturday, or
        whatever.
        Thank you--
        Kelly Parker
        Whatever-we-decide-to-name-it new District
        Grand Canyon Council

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy Woitynek" <nancylw@m...>
        wrote:
        > I have it! Our council has used the new syllabus for the last two
        trainings
        > we did (I'm on staff for it), and will be using it again in a
        couple weeks
        > for our next training. We were one of two or so that were
        piloting it. The
        > one I have will have a few minor changes to it yet, but we've
        gotten the
        > updates as they have been made so far.
        >
        > Nancy Woitynek
        > Blackhawk Area Council
        > Wetassa District www.wetassa.com
        >

        > > Jim asked, "Anyone seen this syllabus yet?? This is supposed to
        be the
        > > replacement for Webelos Outdoor Leader Training."
        > >
        > > Latest word is it won't be out before fall, if then. It has
        been written,
        > > piloted, and sent back for rewrite to include changes in the
        Webelos
        > program
        > > (maybe the addition of Character Connections?)
        > >
        > > Judy Yeager
        > > NT District Training Chair
        > > HOAC
      • Nancy Woitynek
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2003
          This one is set up for all day, no overnight. We begin at 8:30 and end at
          8:00. There are round robins within the training for some of the sessions.
          I'm trying to remember how many staff we have on it, 10-12 I think.

          Nancy