RE: [Scouter_T] Parent Involvement

  • David Seibold
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      The loss of the transportation outlet you have relied upon may be the best
      thing that could happen to you. Now they will have to participate in a small
      way if they want the program to continue for their son.

      I had a similar problem when I was a SM. I learned to recruit assistance,
      and the parents learned how much fun they had been missing. It will be rough
      in the beginning but a few cancelled events will make a big difference.

      Make sure the boys understand that if there is not enough transportation for
      everyone to go, the trip will be cancelled. You can't show favoritism and
      take a select group and leave others at home.

      David Seibold
      Chartered Organization Representative
      Joint Roundtable Commissioner
      (I usta be an eagle... W3-59-81)