Re: Railroad Tune for Purposes

  • Dave Pilkey
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2003
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, CubBobwhite <cubbobwhite@c...> wrote:
      > Just want to remind you that the Purposes of Cub Scouting have increased
      > from 9 to 10. Looks like you need to do a bit more re-writing :(
      > 1.. Character development
      > 2.. Spiritual growth
      > 3.. Good citizenship
      > 4.. Sportsmanship and fitness
      > 5.. Family understanding
      > 6.. Respectful relationships
      > 7.. Personal achievement
      > 8.. Friendly service
      > 9.. Fun and adventure
      > 10.. Preparation for Boy Scouting
      > -----
      > Leslie

      Alrighty, then, here's my "Reader's Digest Condensed Version"
      including all 10 Purposes:

      -tune: "I've Been Working on the Railroad"

      I've been learning all the Purposes,
      Goals of the Cub Scout plan;
      I've been learning all the Purposes
      To help a boy become a man.
      Help them to build strong character
      To aid them in doing thier best -
      Then we follow that example
      To help them learn the rest:

      Spiritual growth, citizenship, sportsmanship,
      Family understanding, getting along with others,
      Personal achievement, helpfulness, exciting things to do,
      And preparing them to be Boy Scouts!

      Dave P.
      Klahaya District
      Mt. Baker Council, WA