RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Certificate

  • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 20, 2003
      I just wanted to say that I sent Jeff a jpg scanned version of this
      certificate - I would have uploaded it to the Group site, but it is full.
      May I suggest that anyone who has placed files on the site, take a minute to
      look at them and see if any of them are old and not really applicable any
      more and remove them so we can keep using the site!

      Thanx
      Rick

      PS, as soon as I send this I am going to look at what I have posted in the
      past.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 20, 2003
        Well, I guess I should have looked before sending out my big fat idea! The
        site is set up so that only administrators can delete files. Sorry, I was
        trying to keep from suggesting additional work for the administrators -
        NEVER MIND!

        Does anyone have access to an electronic version of the color version of the
        training certificate in the Troop Committee Challenge Trainin manual?

        At one point I had one copy of the certificate but cannot locate an original
        or an electronic version I can print.

        Thanks!

        J Smith

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050661
        62:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&linei
        d=3179269?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • Wendell Brown
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 21, 2003
          On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 20:53:27 -0700, Richard E \(Rick\) Rambo wrote:

          >Well, I guess I should have looked before sending out my big fat idea! The
          >site is set up so that only administrators can delete files. Sorry, I was
          >trying to keep from suggesting additional work for the administrators -
          >NEVER MIND!

          I'm pretty sure people can delete the files THEY uploaded. I deleted
          some of the big PDF files that were scans of brochures and there is
          now about 10 meg free.
        • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
            I thought that, too, but when I went to look at the things I uploaded, I do
            not have an option for deleting even my files.

            I am not sure about the problem, but take a look at the group settings.

            Rick

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
              On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:57:45 -0700, Richard E \(Rick\) Rambo wrote:

              >I thought that, too, but when I went to look at the things I uploaded, I do
              >not have an option for deleting even my files.
              >
              >I am not sure about the problem, but take a look at the group settings.

              It's set to the most liberal setting: "Public (anyone, including
              non-members, can view files)". I guess Yahoo has just removed the
              delete option.....
            • Scouter Chuck
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
                Wendell wrote...

                > It's set to the most liberal setting: "Public (anyone, including
                > non-members, can view files)". I guess Yahoo has just removed the
                > delete option.....

                Yeah! That way they have more leverage to make you buy more storage
                space. :/

                YiS,

                Chuck
              • Brant Lippincott
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
                  Wendell wrote...

                  > It's set to the most liberal setting: "Public (anyone, including
                  > non-members, can view files)". I guess Yahoo has just removed the
                  > delete option.....

                  I don't think so...

                  I just created and then deleted a file on scouter_T. I'm almost
                  positive that you can only delete what you've created. Or be a
                  moderator/owner and do anything. I have no idea as to why Rick does
                  not see the options next to his files. I see none at this time,
                  because I created none of the files, but when I creatd my test file,
                  I had options.

                  YiS,
                  Brant
                • Richard E (Rick) Rambo
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
                    I do not understand either. Really I AM familiar with the Yahoo Groups – I
                    moderate more than one group! However I looked again and the file I placed
                    on the site in November, 2001,
                    wb_2002_app.pdf
                    <http://f4.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oPOlPig0KcxnU-2OLoeL3f64IQ6ce4IobOXU4XkYIRNTo9
                    yITITFolvy3RoRbnhrfFbZSQeNVi2mabYHAbfVba_BNF0/Fliers/wb_2002_app.pdf>
                    Registration Flyer for the three WB courses in Cascade Pacific Council in
                    2002
                    is still there, I am the one that posted it and there is no Edit, Delete,
                    Cut option available.

                    Help – I’m slipping into the Twilight Zone!

                    > It's set to the most liberal setting: "Public (anyone, including
                    > non-members, can view files)". I guess Yahoo has just removed the
                    > delete option.....

                    I don't think so...

                    I just created and then deleted a file on scouter_T. I'm almost
                    positive that you can only delete what you've created. Or be a
                    moderator/owner and do anything. I have no idea as to why Rick does
                    not see the options next to his files. I see none at this time,
                    because I created none of the files, but when I creatd my test file,
                    I had options.

                    YiS,
                    Brant

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=247865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050661
                    62:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1051037090%3eM=24
                    7865.3003379.4507215.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1705066162:HM/A=1482387/R=1=10510
                    37090%3eM=247865.%20>

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
                      Rick:

                      You wrote...

                      > I do not understand either. Really I AM familiar with the Yahoo Groups – I
                      > moderate more than one group! However I looked again and the file I placed
                      > on the site in November, 2001, wb_2002_app.pdf
                      [snip]

                      > is still there, I am the one that posted it and there is no Edit, Delete,
                      > Cut option available.
                      >
                      > Help – I’m slipping into the Twilight Zone!

                      This is just a thought...

                      Is your current address the same one you posted it from?
                      Is there
                      any possibility that one of the "logicals" in the ISP name has
                      changed, so it looks different to the group page?

                      If so, that might be the problem.

                      YiS,

                      Chuck
                    • Wendell Brown
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 23, 2003
                        On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:56:07 -0700, Richard E \(Rick\) Rambo wrote:

                        >I do not understand either. Really I AM familiar with the Yahoo Groups � I
                        >moderate more than one group! However I looked again and the file I placed
                        >on the site in November, 2001,

                        Errrr.... could it be that you aren't logged in when you go to that
                        area? Or did your e-mail address or Yahoo member info change since you
                        uploaded the file?

                        It's "owned by" - rickram.geo - 11/06/2001