Re: [Scouter_T] District Training Committees

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 17, 2003
      We meet as a group about quarterly. Not everyone can make it, but it serves
      as a good way for some of the 40 or so members to touch base. We review up
      coming sessions, cover recruiting new trainers, publicity for courses,
      setting budgets, etc. We also eat and socialize - makes it appealing to be a
      trainer. I really credit our training chair for making a commitment to making
      these events happen. It truly helps the committee members maintain their
      commitment to being a trainer.

      Technically, each operating committee of the district is supposed to meet
      each month as part of the district committee meeting. Occasionally this
      happens (maybe once or twice a year). Most of the time, I end up with a
      conflict on district committee meeting night, (usually because I'm training!)
      Even in an ideal district, the portion of the district committee meeting
      apportioned to the operating committees, would not be sufficient for any kind
      of development.

      We have held the Trainer Development Conference (as has at least one district
      in our council) on the district level. Each trainer took a different section
      and we trained each other. The course can be administered on the district
      level. Perhaps one idea would be for you to cover the topics of the
      conference over several successive meetings.

      YiS,
      Jamie Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      P. 512