RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Spring Recruiting

  • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2003
      > >> "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote
      >
      > >> 1. If your unit's never done spring recruiting, why not?

      We feel that with only 1 event per month over the summer
      new scouts are easily lost and won't come back in
      September. Unfortunately National is pushing 'Spring
      Round-up', and DE's are rated on the number of sign-ups
      they get in the spring. I've always disliked the
      'number' games BSA national plays.

      Pete Mullaney
    • Venture Crew 37
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2003
        Hi
        We have just tired to recurit at two high schools for crew members and had some success. For Boy Scouts and Ventureing progroms recuriting might just work since alot of the high visiability activitiews are over the summer, such as summer camp, high adventure camping, Jamborees, and other events.
        just my two cents. If you don't fish you want catch any or here in Florida if you don't play your chances to win the Lotto is zero.
        Johnnie Wimpee
        VC 37 Committee Chairman
        "Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]" <peter.mullaney@...> wrote:
        > >> "Vern Margard" <wlmargard@h...> wrote
        >
        > >> 1. If your unit's never done spring recruiting, why not?

        We feel that with only 1 event per month over the summer
        new scouts are easily lost and won't come back in
        September. Unfortunately National is pushing 'Spring
        Round-up', and DE's are rated on the number of sign-ups
        they get in the spring. I've always disliked the
        'number' games BSA national plays.

        Pete Mullaney

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2003
          Clarification: Sorry I should have specified 'Cub Scouts' in my message.
          Of course the only
          thing the troop does over the summer is: summer camp.

          Pete Mullaney