training staff fees

  • Cstrek97@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2003
      Greetings,

      My 2 cents about staff being charged a fee: I am on the training staff for
      my districts' Scoutmasters' Fundamentals and Intro. to Outdoor Leader Skills.
      We combine these into one course, spread out over a month's time each
      Spring, the only time we offer these 2 courses each year in my district. Each
      of the dozen or more staff have traditionally paid about $25.00 each. This
      covers our cost of food during the meetings, our supplies, and helps provide
      a "startup fund" of sorts for the course.
      Partial amounts are refunded after the course, when the whole amount is not
      needed.

      I haven't heard of any talk about paying the fee, and enjoy being on staff
      and part of the teaching process. And I don't mind paying my own way,
      especially when I know that I am eating some of the food that the money goes
      for, and use/consume some of the supplies that the money pays for also.

      Marty Smith in CT