On-Line Youth Protection Training

  • davedave2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2003
      The Cherokee Area Council is one of the test councils for the new on-line
      Youth Protection training. If you are interested in seeing this live on a
      Council web site, here is the address: <A HREF="http://www.cherokeeareabsa.com/">http://www.CherokeeAreaBSA.com</A>.

      We have had a mixed reception to this training, so far. If you are on the
      internet through a modem then it is not really a friendly experience and much
      of the value, many of us think, is missed. If your entry is broadband or
      cable then it is a better experience. The real problem we've heard from some
      leaders is the complete lack of an ability to ask questions for clarity or
      additional information.

      Again, we are a test council so try it and see what you think.

      Best in Scouting,

      David Strieby
      Cherokee Area Council Commissioner
      ". . . . and a good old Raven, too."